Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

ozark overland trail AR

Old 08-22-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digglesworth
Is it possible for someone to send me the GPS file so I can use it with Backcountry Navigator on my tablet. Please and thank you...
dhauser1982@yahoo.com
Email sent....
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks a million. Got it and loaded into BCN no problem...
Old 08-23-2014, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of time to allow for running this trail? I'm coming from st. louis and it says a 5hr drive to st. joe.... Any suggestions about logistics would be appreciated. This might be my first overlanding-style trip.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by digglesworth
What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of time to allow for running this trail? I'm coming from st. louis and it says a 5hr drive to st. joe.... Any suggestions about logistics would be appreciated. This might be my first overlanding-style trip.
One night on the trail is sufficient. Two nights makes for a more relaxing drive. You'll be on and off of paved highways, so there are a number of bailout opportunities should you need one. Gas can be had at about the two-thirds way point (headed from St Joe to Russellville) on Arkansas Highway 7 about a half mile before turning back into the forests (or after reaching Hwy 7 if headed the other direction). There is also a small cafe there. It is the only gas station you'll actually pass if you stick to the route. There is a Jeep dealer in Russellville--no mechanic on Saturdays and closed on Sundays, however. Plenty of other auto parts stores around.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks mark. I'd like to try and get a few guys from my 4wd club to try and plan something for fall. Late Sept/ early oct...
Old 12-29-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Can't wait to do this trail. How deep is the water this time of year?
Old 12-30-2014, 12:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Mtnbkr81
Can't wait to do this trail. How deep is the water this time of year?
When we ran it in October 2013 the water was rather low--deepest was the Buffalo River (last crossing just before the end of the trail for us) and it was probably about two feet max. And at that if you pick your line carefully, you can probably stay even higher up on one of the shoals. But, of course, this all will depend on how much rain they had.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
When we ran it in October 2013 the water was rather low--deepest was the Buffalo River (last crossing just before the end of the trail for us) and it was probably about two feet max. And at that if you pick your line carefully, you can probably stay even higher up on one of the shoals. But, of course, this all will depend on how much rain they had.
Me and some friends are planning to run the trail this coming weekend. Could you please provide the coordinates for the trail. I tried the High water mark map on google but there are no coordinates.

Any other info would be helpful too.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Manu
Me and some friends are planning to run the trail this coming weekend. Could you please provide the coordinates for the trail. I tried the High water mark map on google but there are no coordinates.

Any other info would be helpful too.

Thanks
PM me an e-mail address, please.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
PM me an e-mail address, please.
I would also like to be sent the map with coordinates, please.

Just PM'ed you the email address.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: ozark overland trail AR