Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Sedona, Moab, Ouray Just a month away

Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sedona, Moab, Ouray Just a month away

I just thought I would post about my upcoming trip just over a month away. I'm trying to get everything ready for The TRIP.... Kentucky, thru W. Tenn., Arkansas, Tx., N.M, to Sedona. After about 4 days we will head for Moab for about 3 then on to Ouray for about 3 days. We are going to go north and cross the Rockies to Greeley Co before heading back to Ky. across Northern Kansas. We have been to Moab and Ouray before but never Sedona. Any suggestions about trails would be appreciated...... Last year we got to do some Snow Wheeling around Ouray and Silverton as we were coming home from Moab.

I've been going thru some of my gear and tools in prep. for the upcoming event. Now I need to get my CO2 tank filled somewhere....
Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did Broken Arrow a couple of years ago. Pretty basic trail, great views, lots of pink jeeps. Trails.com has a nice list of the trails in the area might be worth checking out.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to JeepTrailInfo.com

Try this site. You can download maps or order them.

We did Broken Arrow, Schnebly and Outlaw trail in Sedona. Beautiful scenery.

The trails are rated for difficulty and my Rubi was stock at the time.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend only 3 days in Sedona and add a day either in Moab or Ouray. The trails mentioned are really short and don't take long to run. We ran broken arrow and then went back after dark with just a moon and ran it again. Was really fun. Lots of great scenery but not as beautiful as Moab.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I would recommend only 3 days in Sedona and add a day either in Moab or Ouray. The trails mentioned are really short and don't take long to run. We ran broken arrow and then went back after dark with just a moon and ran it again. Was really fun. Lots of great scenery but not as beautiful as Moab.
Gotta agree. Ouray is on my very short list of where I want to end up.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Schnebly Hill Road is a great way to arrive in Sedona from I-17. Nothing technical, but gorgeous scenery. It is part of this video here ...

Arizona Explorations, May 2014, Part 2: http://youtu.be/1GOaafD8pa8 But don't miss the drive through Oak Creek Canyon. I'd also cut a day off from Sedona and add a drive through Monument Valley (also in the video above).

Quick Reply: Sedona, Moab, Ouray Just a month away