Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Utah Obscura, Part 1 Released to YouTube

Old 05-29-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Utah Obscura, Part 1 Released to YouTube

In mid-2014 a few of us brainstormed a reprise of some of our past travels through the incredible wilderness areas of southern Utah. As time passed we added some new areas to explore, most notably the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park. A total of four adventurers, Matt and Chris from Texas, Ray from Washington (state), and Mark from Oklahoma, would make this ten day trip. Venues would include Goosenecks State Park, Garden of the Gods, Moki Dugway Switchbacks, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Orange Cliffs, The Maze District of Canyonlands National Park, Goblin Valley State Park, Cathedral Valley of Capitol Reef National Park, Smoky Mountain Road (shortened, again due to weather), Bryce Canyon, and Lake Powell. The music is "Glass Hero" by Bird Creek, provided courtesy of Google YouTube Enhancements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfUbr2_z9Q
Old 05-29-2015, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Video As Always

Been following your exploits for some time now-can't thank you enough for the excellent content and photography. Was lucky enough to get into the Maze District in the late 1960s as my brother was a geology major at NAU and became interested in the Canyonlands area. At that time the Maze was not part of the NP. Second to last time there was in 1972 after a major snow storm-took all day to get down the Orange Cliffs. A Mormon family that was running cattle in there came into our camp site down on the flats and inquired where we had been-when we told the Maze Overlook they said we must have been mistaken as impossible to get in there due to the storm. On our way out they caught up with us having seen our tracks and wondered how their cows were doing.

Finally got back there and to the Doll House area in 2009. If you would like to see some vintage photos of the Maze from 1971 (2 IH Scouts and a CJ5) send me a p.m. with your e-mail address. Sorry, but I don't know how to downsize and post on here. This is my first post as I want to again thank you for all your videos-some of your trips I will be following in your footsteps next few years.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Love that area

Mark,

Looks like another "Mark" hit ! Well Done.

Fred
Old 05-30-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice one Mark.

Quick Reply: Utah Obscura, Part 1 Released to YouTube