Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

VIDEO: Canyonlands Elephant Hill Trail - Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008

Old 06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up VIDEO: Canyonlands Elephant Hill Trail - Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008

This Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008 YouTube video represents the final installment of our EJS adventures and is of our Day 4 run across the Elephant Hill Trail. Located south of Moab in Canyonlands National Park, Elephant his is by far one of the most beautiful trails you can run in the Moab area and is a must see for anyone visiting the area. You will have to pay a small entrance fee in order to get in the park but trust me, it’s worth every penny. The Elephant Hill Trail itself isn’t very difficult but there are a few sections along the way that have big enough rocks and ledges to negotiate that will give a stock Jeep some trouble and is most likely why it gets a “most difficult” rating. The trail is run as a loop and I would highly recommend that you take the time to hike the 1/2 mile trail out to the Confluence Overlook as the view is simply breathtaking.

Once again, in addition to our normal SoCal crew, toad, Bullfrog, WOLette and I, we were also fortunate enough to get Wayne, his wife Kathy and son Aaron as well as Brian (Bracket) and his wife Lauren to join us on this run again as well. To watch our short video on the Elephant Hill Trail, simply click on the screen or link below:

Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008
Day 4 - Canyonlands Elephant Hill Trail YouTube Video

To see a ton of photos from our sunset run up the Elephant Hill Trail, click on the link below:

Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008
Day 4 - Canyonlands Elephant Hill Trail Photo Gallery

While we did go on a few more short runs, this video of our trip through Canyonlands on the Elephant Hill Trail will be the last one from our Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008 adventure. If we can find the time, we will try to make one last one that contains highlights as well as scenes from around town, at our Project-JK.com Meet-n-Greet, on the Hell’s Revenge Trail and more. But, until then, thanks for watching our videos and be sure to check back for upcoming episodes we are working on now featuring trips across the Mojave Desert and into Death Valley.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video. Interesting to see a trail that actually squeezes the JK.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, enjoyed the vid.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Awesome video!

My dad hails from southeastern Utah and actually carved that trail single-handedly. He used to take loads of people over Elephant Hill in his CJ-5 back in the day. Ya know, before all the rocky parts were paved over so unmodified rigs could do the trail. And they say the cement is to "maintain" the trail...

It's still a fun trail though. It's only 30 minutes away from where half my relatives live. I want to shake things up a bit and attempt the whole trail in Reverse the next time I'm down there. Squeezeplay will be a good test of my backing skills.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk about a tight fit .... Sweet vid man !!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

man I've gotta get the family up there, amazing country and very cool beans video
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks guys, we're glad that you like the video and yes, it was a tight squeeze. of course, had i remembered to pull in the mirror sooner, it might have been a bit easier - duh
Old 06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Great video, thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great video. that red jeep with the 6" skyjacker is huge.
I wish toad's jeep looked then the way it does now!! I bet she thinks the same thing

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Canyonlands Elephant Hill Trail - Project-JK Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2008