Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Where are the trails!?

Old 04-12-2014, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the trails!?

Does anyone know where there are any good trails in New York, western New York to be exact. Really want to spend a day out on the trails but I don't know where or if there are any in New York.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

There is not much in the Buffalo area unless you know someone with prvt land. There are some play parks in cny, Bath, NY and Lyons, NY, respectively. About the only legal places to go, or just make a trip to Rausch. Lots of 4wd clubs in wny. Just hook up with them
Old 04-13-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Not gonna find much... NY is a PITA. As stated, Rausch Creek is your best bet. You may be able to find land owners in the Dansville area who allow it. Might find stuff up near Stoney Brook or letchworth. As for Buffalo, Rochester etc - very doubtful. All the wheeling we use to do was, well, illegal...
Old 04-14-2014, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
Not gonna find much... NY is a PITA. As stated, Rausch Creek is your best bet. You may be able to find land owners in the Dansville area who allow it. Might find stuff up near Stoney Brook or letchworth. As for Buffalo, Rochester etc - very doubtful. All the wheeling we use to do was, well, illegal...
Yeah that is too bad :(. Letchworth is pretty much my back yard, too bad we can't hit trails in the park haha
Old 04-15-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BadBarret
Yeah that is too bad :(. Letchworth is pretty much my back yard, too bad we can't hit trails in the park haha
Heck yea! There and the brook...
Old 04-15-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
Heck yea! There and the brook...
Use to camp in Stoney brook and freeze my ass of in the creek
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

NY sucks for wheeling! I the only place I know is Whispering Pines in Lyons. Not very big but enough to have a days fun. Been there once had a blast. Probably about 2 hrs from Buffalo and 40mins from Syracuse. Check out website and call a few days before you go. If I remember for a nonmember it was $40. Worth it imo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bsmarble
NY sucks for wheeling! I the only place I know is Whispering Pines in Lyons. Not very big but enough to have a days fun. Been there once had a blast. Probably about 2 hrs from Buffalo and 40mins from Syracuse. Check out website and call a few days before you go. If I remember for a nonmember it was $40. Worth it imo. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I want to plan a whispering pines trip In the next few weekends if anyone interested

Quick Reply: Where are the trails!?