Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Who has been to Redbird, Indiana?

Old 01-22-2015, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has been to Redbird, Indiana?

Mostly when is the best month to go if I am not interested in mud? Not that I am afraid of mud I just don't find mudboggin entertaining.

Tell me some stories? What should I do? What should I avoid?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Former Member

I live in nky I was just googling red bird last night I wanna go soon and since I just had my clutch and T.O bearing replaced yesterday I'm not interested in mud or water either if you need a wheeling partner I'm three hours from the gate
Old 01-22-2015, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thinking July/August might be the best time. Let it dry out from spring showers.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Former Member

That gives me time to get a couple things on my build list completed. Let me know and I'll see if I can meet up! I'd like to hear some opinions and reviews in the meantime
Old 02-01-2015, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WINGIT
Thinking July/August might be the best time. Let it dry out from spring showers.
Taking a group outta Dayton on the 8th of July if either you or KY want to tag along Let me know?

MTNBKR
Old 02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Former Member

Count us in! I'm actually off that day, we will probably come up the night before! Maybe we can get a few more!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You really just need to watch the weather as you know the storms run thru the midwest all summer. Redbird is a nice place to wheel but is mostly just dirt trails thru the woods. There are some decent climbs and some off camber spots. You will need a flag and have to buy an off road sticker you will have to buy.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2015, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
Count us in! I'm actually off that day, we will probably come up the night before! Maybe we can get a few more!
Ok no problem. That's our plan too. come up the night before after we get off work. I'll have 4-6 other Jeeps along. More is better. PM me and we'll exchange contact info.. Awesome!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fun place to wheel. Trail #27 is a good time.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You really just need to watch the weather as you know the storms run thru the midwest all summer. Redbird is a nice place to wheel but is mostly just dirt trails thru the woods. There are some decent climbs and some off camber spots. You will need a flag and have to buy an off road sticker you will have to buy.
Thanks for the heads up any spec requirements on the flag or will an orange popit flag be sufficient? Also sounds like a good excuse to buy a set of discos

Quick Reply: Who has been to Redbird, Indiana?