Notices
JK Wheels & Tires This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory installed and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler wheels and tires only. This would also include related items such as wheel spacers, tire deflators and internal bead locks.

Tires, Rims, and Leveling Kit

Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires, Rims, and Leveling Kit

Sorry if this is a repost, but every time I tried to search for this I would get an error screen popping up.

So I'm new to the jk world, and I've been doing some research on getting new tires, rims and a leveling kit. I'm looking for beefier tires, I love the wider tire look and I've settled on Nitto Trail Grapplers, but not sure how big I can go without a lift (in terms of width of the tire, I know 33s are going to be a tight fit) I think the 295/70R17/10 trail grapplers would be perfect, and just want to get some peoples thoughts / advice or if they have any experience with them. I'm also looking at 17x9 rugged ridge black satin wheels and a teraflex leveling kit. This is my DD and it's about an 80/20 ratio for commuting to work / off roading.

Here are the links:

| TeraFlex Suspensions
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T - Free Delivery Available | TireBuyer.com
All Things Jeep - Black Satin 17x9" Aluminum Wheel by Rugged Ridge for Jeep Wrangler JK (2007-2014)

I don't want to make the mistake of buying something and having it not fit / needing more and more upgrades to make it work.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lebo
Sorry if this is a repost, but every time I tried to search for this I would get an error screen popping up.

So I'm new to the jk world, and I've been doing some research on getting new tires, rims and a leveling kit. I'm looking for beefier tires, I love the wider tire look and I've settled on Nitto Trail Grapplers, but not sure how big I can go without a lift (in terms of width of the tire, I know 33s are going to be a tight fit) I think the 295/70R17/10 trail grapplers would be perfect, and just want to get some peoples thoughts / advice or if they have any experience with them. I'm also looking at 17x9 rugged ridge black satin wheels and a teraflex leveling kit. This is my DD and it's about an 80/20 ratio for commuting to work / off roading.

Here are the links:

| TeraFlex Suspensions
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T - Free Delivery Available | TireBuyer.com
All Things Jeep - Black Satin 17x9" Aluminum Wheel by Rugged Ridge for Jeep Wrangler JK (2007-2014)

I don't want to make the mistake of buying something and having it not fit / needing more and more upgrades to make it work.

Thanks guys!
You should ask this in the technical forum and you'll get more help. I can't move your post right now since I'm on my phone but will ask a mod to help you.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you go. But I did the Performance Leveling Kit(springs) and I add a 1 1/4 body lift. I put on Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/18 on stock rims with 1 1/2 wheel spacers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Tires 1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	571802

More pics in my profile.

Quick Reply: Tires, Rims, and Leveling Kit