Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2014 JK Passenger Heated Seat Install

Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 JK Passenger Heated Seat Install

I Installed WarmSeats waterproof seat heaters over the weekend in the 2014 JK. This write-up only covers the passenger side install with the passenger weight sensor/ airbag sensor as there are plenty of other how to write-ups (refer to: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...lation-172773/). Here is the link to WarmSeats installation instructions: http://www.warm-seats.com/installation.pdf . Keep in mind that Mopar, Check Corp, and almost all upholstery companies do not recommend/ will not install or provide a lower heating element for the passenger seat for safety/ legal reasons.

First I disconnected the battery,waited 5-10 minutes to avoid accidental airbag deployment then removed the passenger seat.

Then I removed lower seat cover (steps 10-12 from the write-up link above.) which exposed the sensors.

Next I dry fitted the lower element. The elements fit the upper and lower cushions perfectly.

I decided to cut the element to fit around the sensors and the two Velcro strips. The instructions state: "Can I Cut the Element? -You may cut the length of the element but you cannot cut the conductive strip that runs along each side of the element which provided to the element. If this is cut the element will not work." "Can I Cut Holes or Strips in the Middle of the Element? -Yes, you may cut access holes for hog rings or tie-downs as long as you stay away from the conductive strips on the outside." To do this I placed the heating pad on the cushion and traced with a Sharpie around the sensors and Velcro strips. I also traced the two conductive strips as a reminder not to cut them. The instructions also warn not to place hog rings or metal objects through the heating elements.

Then using a utility knife (with a fresh blade) I cut the marks. These pads cut like butter and take no effort.

Another dry fit and additional trimming.

I then wrapped all the cuts with the conductive foil tape and placed back on cushion.

I ran the wire through the opening in the bottom of the cushion towards the center of the vehicle (left side).

Replace seat cover and move to the top half. There are three Velcro strips a few hogs rings that have to be removed. I decided not to cut the heating pad for the middle Velcro strip and the seat came out fine. Again the pad fits snug and perfectly between the strips.

Using a screw driver I poked a hole at the base of the pad in the thin part of the cushion to slip the wire through, again towards the center of the Jeep.

Put the seat cover back on. To do this I put the back of the seat down on the workbench and got above the retainer and pushed down with my weight until it "clicked."

Reinstall seat and wire up. After a couple days of driving I have had no issues with the heaters (they get hot) or sensors. Sensors seem to function fine as when a passenger is seated without the seat-belt buckled the light and wring charm comes on. Now the topless/doorless season is extended another month or so.
The following users liked this post:
J. Dub (09-15-2023)
Old 12-26-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Info !!
Where did you tap for Power ??
Old 09-15-2023, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent info OP. Thank you

Quick Reply: 2014 JK Passenger Heated Seat Install