Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

75 Watt Led Headlights

Old 03-15-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the pm list also please.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would enjoy a pm if you would be so generous.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bromega1240
I too would enjoy a pm if you would be so generous.
I finally got these headlights shipped and installed them last weekend. I've had the opportunity to test them for a week.

Manufacturer Link: Hot! 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, 75w 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, View 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, OPOO 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v Product Details from Guangzhou OPOO Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Some of you may be familiar with Alibaba, but it is one of the largest retail companies in the world. You have to create an account, then contact the seller and negotiate a price. With little back and forth you will get your $218 shipped price.

So, I didn't take a lot of pictures because there is already a ton of threads out there on these headlights. The product I received is exactly the same as this one https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...talled-316685/.

For installation you will need:
- 2 prewired H13 Male Plugs - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- 20ga wire to connect parking/DRL lights to existing parking/turn signals
- Soldering Equipment or wiring connectors of your choice
- Electrical Tape
- Torx Screwdrivers (not just the torx bits) - TEKTON 2956 Star Drive Screwdriver Set, 6-Piece - - Amazon.com

Review:

Getting everything wired up and installed was pretty straight forward. When installing the lights, be sure that the headlights are as level as possible with one another before you tighten the ring down or they will look off when you tighten the ring down. I'm still working through proper horizontal headlight alignment, but you're going to have to do a vertical headlight alignment, there are plenty of threads on that too (park the car 25 feet away from a wall on a level surface, put a piece of tape on the wall 3 feet up from the bottom, and make adjustments until the low beam hotspot is right under or on the tape) . If you guys want pics let me know, but they look exactly like OP's. Very happy considering the price.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mchamps
I finally got these headlights shipped and installed them last weekend. I've had the opportunity to test them for a week.

Manufacturer Link: Hot! 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, 75w 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, View 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v, OPOO 7 inch round led headlight 12v 24v Product Details from Guangzhou OPOO Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Some of you may be familiar with Alibaba, but it is one of the largest retail companies in the world. You have to create an account, then contact the seller and negotiate a price. With little back and forth you will get your $218 shipped price.

So, I didn't take a lot of pictures because there is already a ton of threads out there on these headlights. The product I received is exactly the same as this one https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...talled-316685/.

For installation you will need:
- 2 prewired H13 Male Plugs - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- 20ga wire to connect parking/DRL lights to existing parking/turn signals
- Soldering Equipment or wiring connectors of your choice
- Electrical Tape
- Torx Screwdrivers (not just the torx bits) - TEKTON 2956 Star Drive Screwdriver Set, 6-Piece - - Amazon.com

Review:

Getting everything wired up and installed was pretty straight forward. When installing the lights, be sure that the headlights are as level as possible with one another before you tighten the ring down or they will look off when you tighten the ring down. I'm still working through proper horizontal headlight alignment, but you're going to have to do a vertical headlight alignment, there are plenty of threads on that too (park the car 25 feet away from a wall on a level surface, put a piece of tape on the wall 3 feet up from the bottom, and make adjustments until the low beam hotspot is right under or on the tape) . If you guys want pics let me know, but they look exactly like OP's. Very happy considering the price.
Do you have any pictures of your set up? I have the same lights that came with the antiflicker harness, as well as the h13 plugs. I don't know anything about wiring, but it seems like the connectors should all be waterproof for safety (these are not waterproof) ,did you do anything to waterproof them? Also, the person I bought mine from said he used 12gauge wire to splice in to his parking lights, but will the 20 that you used be fine?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dyalectic grease is sufficient.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phillipb
Do you have any pictures of your set up? I have the same lights that came with the antiflicker harness, as well as the h13 plugs. I don't know anything about wiring, but it seems like the connectors should all be waterproof for safety (these are not waterproof) ,did you do anything to waterproof them? Also, the person I bought mine from said he used 12gauge wire to splice in to his parking lights, but will the 20 that you used be fine?
I have pictures, but they are no different from the pics on this thread. How is the anti-flicker harness working for you? Does it completely eliminate any of the flickering? Which one did you get?

As far as waterproof, Dielectric Grease, Hot Glue, Electrical Tape, Shrink Tubing all these things will work. I do recommend to get some basic soldering equipment from Harbor Freight and teach yourself how to solder.

For the wiring, 12ga is overkill for most lighting wiring, especially LED. 20ga is fine and I've had no issues. Most of the electrical wiring in the Jeep is 20ga. You want to tap into the parking light positive, which is the middle one on the parking light/turn signal connector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3L3sYfG.png
Views:	5
Size:	748.3 KB
ID:	679610

Last edited by mchamps; 04-16-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mchamps
I have pictures, but they are no different from the pics on this thread. How is the anti-flicker harness working for you? Does it completely eliminate any of the flickering? Which one did you get?

As far as waterproof, Dielectric Grease, Hot Glue, Electrical Tape, Shrink Tubing all these things will work. I do recommend to get some basic soldering equipment from Harbor Freight and teach yourself how to solder.

For the wiring, 12ga is overkill for most lighting wiring, especially LED. 20ga is fine and I've had no issues. Most of the electrical wiring in the Jeep is 20ga. You want to tap into the parking light positive, which is the middle one on the parking light/turn signal connector.

I plan on picking up some soldering stuff and learning, its time to.

I haven't installed my lights yet, so I can't comment on the anti flicker harness yet. This weekend I plan on working on my wiring and then installing them. I am wanting to get rid of a connector that is on my harnesses right now. My lights came set up unlike anyone else's that I've seen.

This is the connector that is on mine, and I don't like it. This is what I want to eliminate and solder the wires directly together.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would swap the plugs for a single h13 female end.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ljvsnyder
So i received a set of 75 watt led headlights from an overseas supplier for conducting a review of their product, I only had to pay shipping, so if they aren't any good no real loss. The shipping packaging was great. Lots of protection from damage. The lights are very sturdy these did not come with the H13 connector attached so it either needs hard wired or the plug attached. They did provide the plug ends. There are several retailers selling these and most will pre-install the plug. Lifetime is the only one that i am aware of that don't have the plugs attached. The ribbons on the top and bottom are drl and the middle line the dims and the top and bottom row are the high beam. Install should be done this weekend. My plan is to get the plugs installed before this weekend and then install on Saturday, I will provide a full review with light output numbers and comparison between the Raxiom H13 drop ins I am running and if I can grab my co-worker Saturday night some comparison shots to stock headlight bulbs.
I was wondering if could take a photo of the wires going into the plug. I am trying to see which wire goes where.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry it all has shrink wrap on it. Let me see if I can find the photo i took before hand.

Quick Reply: 75 Watt Led Headlights