Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

ABS, brake, traction control light issues

Old 01-18-2017, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ABS, brake, traction control light issues

Greetings,
I just purchased a 2105 JK Sport last Tuesday, and on the way home the ABS light, brake light, traction control light would illuminate and the speedometer would drop to zero. This would last for no more than 2 seconds before returning to normal. This happened intermittently approximately six or eight times during the hour drive back home from the dealership. I took it the next day to the dealer without a single problem. They hooked it up to the computer and it gave them some kind of abs code, and a spike in electrical power which they attributed it to the after market lights that were already on the jeep when I bought it. The service department set up an appointment for me to drop the jeep off. They have had my jeep now almost two days and driven the jeep around 40 miles and cannot duplicate the problem. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Old 01-18-2017, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rangerrod
Greetings,
I just purchased a 2105 JK Sport last Tuesday, and on the way home the ABS light, brake light, traction control light would illuminate and the speedometer would drop to zero. This would last for no more than 2 seconds before returning to normal. This happened intermittently approximately six or eight times during the hour drive back home from the dealership. I took it the next day to the dealer without a single problem. They hooked it up to the computer and it gave them some kind of abs code, and a spike in electrical power which they attributed it to the after market lights that were already on the jeep when I bought it. The service department set up an appointment for me to drop the jeep off. They have had my jeep now almost two days and driven the jeep around 40 miles and cannot duplicate the problem. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I am 99% certain your battery wires are loose. There is several threads on here about it.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
I am 99% certain your battery wires are loose. There is several threads on here about it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

Sorry for this, couldn't help it, but what do Jeeps look like in 2105? Hate to hear that these issues are still popping up.
But on the real side, yeah, check battery connections, hope you get it squared away.

Quick Reply: ABS, brake, traction control light issues