Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Advance Adapters Shifter Cable Upgrade Write Up!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My shifter and my E brake went out within an hour of one another! Seriously! But the AA kit is on now and shifting is smoother and easier. Great upgrade
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but ordered the AA kit and looking to install. Was setting the cable ends easy? Can't "mess it up"?

Also, I've see a few comments about additional gear noises. Anyone that has this installed hear more gear noises? If so, is it just in 4wd? Any other "differences"?
Old 02-05-2016, 11:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastrcruse
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but ordered the AA kit and looking to install. Was setting the cable ends easy? Can't "mess it up"? Also, I've see a few comments about additional gear noises. Anyone that has this installed hear more gear noises? If so, is it just in 4wd? Any other "differences"?
Setting cable ends was easy, mine needed no adjustment. I set them up centered and still no issues over 3 years later.

As for the gear noises this is a stronger cable setup than stock. If things are slipping and won't mesh correctly a slight gear chirping can be heard, but with careful shifting it shouldn't be any issue.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default AA cable noise?

I had the AA cable upgrade installed by a local shop. I have not noticed any changes in gear noise level; when I first used it I thought that the shift action felt more precise and/or "solid". I'm very happy that I had it done, I usually travel alone, and the thought of one of those plastic bushings failing in the boonies just drove me nuts.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I installed the AA shifter cable when I swapped in my Rubicon transfer case. It definitely shifts easier and much more definitive, firmer as others have said. I think it is a great upgrade.

Quick Reply: Advance Adapters Shifter Cable Upgrade Write Up!!!