Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Fixed BAS / ESP warning light issue - See post #40 and #57.

To be clear, besides being able to monitor any reading that the Jeep computer does it will:

Set tire size, adjust TPMS, set gear ratio, set high idle (for winching), force the fan to stay on high / low, completely turn off ESP, clear sway bar light, read / clear DTCs... basically, almost anything you can do with the Procal, this gauge can do. (No Daytime Running Lights or turning off 3 blink turn signals).

I received and installed my Aerotech OBD2 today.

Background:

With my 35s and the history of the automatic transmission, I've been concerned about my fluid temperature. While researching installing a gauge, I was not looking forward to the whole process of running the sensor. I came across the aerotech gauge from the forum and the more I looked into, the better it seemed.

The gauge plugs into the OBDII port and will essentially display any parameter that the jeep computer monitors... From lateral G's, Yaw, instant MPG, torque converter slip / lockup, intake temp / pressure, mass airflow... the list goes on and on.

You can either have it display 2 parameters manually at a time or have it scan through any (up to) 8 you want. It also has two bright LEDs the you can set to go off when any parameter is met (I have mine set when the transmission temp > 200 degrees).

The real selling point for me was that it also has the ability to set tire size, adjust TPMS, set gear ratio, set high idle (for winching), force the fan to stay on high / low, completely turn off ESP, clear sway bar light, read / clear DTCs... basically, almost anything you can do with the Procal, this gauge can do. (No Daytime Running Lights or turning off 3 blink turn signals).

For those with the AEV Hemi kit, you can buy a relay that will activate when a certain parameter is met... e.g. power the fan when coolant temp > X.

The gauge was not cheap... I managed to find it for $225 shipped, but the manufacturer sells it for $250 + shipping. If you don't already have a Procal, you can save the $150 which makes this actually pretty reasonable for what it does. Plus, It DOES NOT lock to your VIN, so each time you help a buddy out by setting tire size etc and he gives you a free 6 pack, your paying down the cost. (subtle hint to those living near New Orleans)

I've seen these installed in Pods on the dash or the rollbar and the look great, but I decided to install mine near the left front speaker. While it's not for everybody, the main reason I went this route is because I only plan to "glance" at the gauge... plus, I like my dash clean / stock looking. The only downside is that being tall, I can't see the top row of letters. Doesn't matter to me, because I always have the top set to display trans temp.

Install:

This is the easiest thing in the world to install. Seriously, Like 10 minutes max.

Plug in to OBD2 port:

Remove the side panel:

Drill a 2" hole in the speaker pane,l install gauge and run wires:

And your DONE!

FYI,

The Tire Size is entered based upon circumference in millimeters. Here's a little chart to make it easier: (You should round the number e.g. 2656.8 = 02657)

Last edited by RedRock GatorRaider; 08-03-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added Warning and Fix
Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

realy nice ! simple instal and not to expencive. but do you manage to see properly wile driving?.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

What platform settings did you select?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

1. Very easy to see while driving. Just a quick glance down. Here's the view from the drivers seat (Photo is a bit blurry - it's easier to read than it looks here):

2. Comes with a 5' cable. No problem reaching the center console.

3. I have it set on platform 5. Once you buy the gauge, you can send it back at any point to get the latest and greatest program for $26. Great for when they add new features.

Last edited by RedRock GatorRaider; 04-07-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im putting on board air on my jeep, is it possible to bump up the idle with this gauge, so i can air up my tires faster or run air tools?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

nice where did u get it?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riptide
Any issues unplugging the gauge for when I use my super chips? I'm just wondering if I'll have to setup my SC (just ordered), then plug this in and set this up... only to want to make changes with the SC...

And yeah the high idle thing...

No issues with the using the superchips to set things up. All the "bi-directional" features are optional with the Aerotech.

And yes, it does the high idle thing. You can manually set whatever RPM you want.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DJ that thing looks Sweet! I was actually looking at one of these awhile back for reading engine temp. I may get one soon with some tax return money.

By the way I also got my compressor installed finally, works and fits like a charm now. I will post some pics soon.

Done with the highjacking
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice so this thing can reset your spedo for tire size?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

looks great this is on my list but for now money is going for some other stuff. a little expensive for a little gauge

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge