Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been looking at the aeroforce website, and it does not specify tire size or gear ratio. can someone else with one clarify
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eric1213
Ive been looking at the aeroforce website, and it does not specify tire size or gear ratio. can someone else with one clarify
The instructions on their website are old, so don't include the tire size etc. Check out the forum, under the Chrysler section. I assure you it does. You can see pictures in the first post.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedRock GatorRaider
1. Very easy to see while driving. Just a quick glance down. Here's the view from the drivers seat (Photo is a bit blurry - it's easier to read than it looks here):

2. Comes with a 5' cable. No problem reaching the center console.

3. I have it set on platform 5. Once you buy the gauge, you can send it back at any point to get the latest and greatest program for $26. Great for when they add new features.
Looks good!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Very nice write up!
A couple of questions:
How long is the ODBC cable? Do you think it would stretch to the pillar by the windshield frame? And what size is the guage? I was wondering if I could add it to a Autometer Can and put it next to my Autometer guages...thanks again for taking the time to do the write up!
I used a 2'' autometer cup and mounted it to my rock hard cage using one of their collars. Love it!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Five-O JK
I used a 2'' autometer cup and mounted it to my rock hard cage using one of their collars. Love it!
That's actually my long term plan - Put an air pressure gauge where I have the aerotech now, then once I install a cage, put the aerotech there.

Pics?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

looks like a great gauge.. mine should be here today .. cant wait so do you have to be concerned about resetting things back to stock before you take it to the dealer incase they flash something ? like you do with the programmers ? I'm guessing no because it is not Vin locked ?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
looks like a great gauge.. mine should be here today .. cant wait so do you have to be concerned about resetting things back to stock before you take it to the dealer incase they flash something ? like you do with the programmers ? I'm guessing no because it is not Vin locked ?
Shouldn't need to worry about it... A warning though. Last week when I reset my tire size, as soon as I entered the new value, the Jeep dinged and my ESP / BAS lights are now illuminated. I've tried everything to get rid of them to no avail. Think I probably need to have the ECU reflashed?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedRock GatorRaider
Shouldn't need to worry about it... A warning though. Last week when I reset my tire size, as soon as I entered the new value, the Jeep dinged and my ESP / BAS lights are now illuminated. I've tried everything to get rid of them to no avail. Think I probably need to have the ECU reflashed?

i just got my gauge and set my tire size and now i also have the esp/bas and break light on and wont go off ?? hmmmm
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i just got my gauge and set my tire size and now i also have the esp/bas and break light on and wont go off ?? hmmmm
Did you have the engine running when you did it? According to them, that can cause the error. Of course they said reentering a value would clear the lights, but that didn't work for me.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

no i didnt have the engine running ... i guess you talked to them about this problem ? is that all they said to do ? i hope they have a way to reset things back to normal ...other than this problem looks like a really cool gauge

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge