Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Another high beam indicator fix

Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope it works out for you.

It's very easy to do, works great and looks completely stock
Old 11-23-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it, why do you need to tint that little indicator light?

I've had my JK for almost a year and half, and it never bothered me, but then again, how often do you need high beams on?

PS: Now that you tint it, you will forget that your high beams are on, and blind people. And people that drive with their high beams on towards me, get two Hella spot lights in their face.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seryoga
I don't get it, why do you need to tint that little indicator light?

I've had my JK for almost a year and half, and it never bothered me, but then again, how often do you need high beams on?

PS: Now that you tint it, you will forget that your high beams are on, and blind people. And people that drive with their high beams on towards me, get two Hella spot lights in their face.
Well you may not have been on here when a ton of people were complaining about it. Like many others, mine would blind you at night if you used your brights. Unlike the rest of the dash, you couldn't dim the indicator with the knob.

As far as forgetting you have them on....lol Are you kidding me. You can see the pic I posted. It looks just like any "normal" car's/trucks bright indicator now....lol
Old 11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seryoga
I don't get it, why do you need to tint that little indicator light? I've had my JK for almost a year and half, and it never bothered me, but then again, how often do you need high beams on?
Not everyone has good night vision. For those that don't, it's very important to reduce glare to preserve what little night vision they do have (myself included). A single bright light in the dash is enough to reduce your effective visual range significantly.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, that thing is a pain in the a$$. But this seems like alot of work. I would think that their has to be another way.

But by your photo it did turn out great.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW great write up very easy to get to. I just put one piece of 5% and it works awesome.

Quick Reply: Another high beam indicator fix