Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Bracketron universal mount

Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bracketron universal mount

I installed the Bracketron universal mount (purchased from Quadratec) and I'm quite happy with the results. Part # J33-203-07.

It was an easy install, but there were a couple key considerations.

First, the instructions from the manufacturer on removing the trim were crap. Good ol' JK-Forum to the rescue.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/removing-factory-radio-706/

Second, it looks like a 6" audio cable would be about perfect. The local Radioshack didn't have that. They had a 1' in beige and a 6' in black. I decided to go with the 6' in black. I coiled the excess and tucked it under the top (above the stereo). A pair of right-angle 3.5mm adapters also helped tidy the look.

I have my Zune (30GB MP3) pictured here. It also holds my HP HW6515 smartphone (with GPS) quite nicely.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the same and did not even look at their instructions, though they were printed with color pictures. But i am a veteran of having the dash trim removed, so I already knew what to do.

Nice bracket and it works well.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got two of those brackets with the windshield suction cup mount for now. They work great except the first warped in the sun/heat and wouldn't stay clamped. I called Bracketron and the shipped me a new one free. Great CS
Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Default Airbag issue?

I just got that in the mail; haven't installed it yet, but now that you've installed it, do you think there's any issue of it impeding the passenger airbag?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

i thought of that briefly before i installed it anyway...in my line of work, i see a fair amount of deployed airbags...it should make that much of a difference if at all. chances are the airbag will blow the mount out of its way anyhow.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Second, it looks like a 6" audio cable would be about perfect. The local Radioshack didn't have that. They had a 1' in beige and a 6' in black.

i went with 1' beige cable (cat. #42-2497). with my sportster reply i almost hides all wiring. I will post pictures as soon as i get my shit together with this camera of mine. cable was $4.99 radioshack. ant. mounted in middle of bar.

Quick Reply: Bracketron universal mount