Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Clutch master cylinder question

Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch master cylinder question

I read an article stating that if the fluid in your reservoir rises as you depress your clutch pedal, then your master cylinder is bad. Does anyone know if there is truth to this?? My clutch will not fully disengage, I replaced the slave cylinder and there are no leaks. I'm trying to figure out if I just need to replace the whole clutch or if it is possible the master cylinder may be bad?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock907
I read an article stating that if the fluid in your reservoir rises as you depress your clutch pedal, then your master cylinder is bad. Does anyone know if there is truth to this?? My clutch will not fully disengage, I replaced the slave cylinder and there are no leaks. I'm trying to figure out if I just need to replace the whole clutch or if it is possible the master cylinder may be bad?

Too bad no posted how to know more about these issues because I'm having the same one now.

Quick Reply: Clutch master cylinder question