Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

codes

Old 08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default codes

I have a 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited I'm having problems getting rid of the codes for a loose gas cap or evac leakhas anybody had a similar problem and what is the solutionI'm almost ready to replace the gas filler neck please help me thank you please
The following users liked this post:
Sean Huze (02-03-2023)
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkrub2008
I have a 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited I'm having problems getting rid of the codes for a loose gas cap or evac leakhas anybody had a similar problem and what is the solutionI'm almost ready to replace the gas filler neck please help me thank you please
For the longest time I had the gas cap light on and a code for general evap system failure or leak, forget which one. I had originally ripped my evap can off while I was wheeling. I bought the poison spyder evap skid and bought a new evap system integrity module (white box that's on your evap can) since it was broken where the hose goes in. Long story short I couldn't figure out why I had gas cap light and code for so long, come to find out when I put the new module on, the evap can seal (just an I ring between the module and the evap can) must have fallen out. So I put a new one in, and bingo. Everything went away. Hope this helps ya.

Quick Reply: codes