Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Do NOT buy from Treadwright (Long Read)

Old 12-22-2014, 09:10 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks to hear. If you used your CC, definitely file the claim that way.

Also why I just buy BFG KM2's and call it a day (although I might try a set of the Nitto's on this next go around). Buy once, cry once. I hate wasting time...
Old 12-23-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

It's painfully obvious their quality and customer service drove off a cliff once they moved to Texas. I ordered my 2nd set of three since they moved (first set was purchased while they were still in SD) and 2 of the tires had major defects that only showed when the tires were inflated. That was over a month ago and after receiving the completely wrong size replacements and Nicole in warranty lying about going to the warehouse to make sure they had the casings, refusing to return my calls and then yesterday first saying they didn't have them and then saying they may have them today, and the manager (Dave Gomez) hitting ignore when i called multiple times, i filed a dispute with my cc company and filed a complaint with the BBB (although that was probably a waste of time be aside there are already multiple unanswered complaints on there). The lawyer will be next. They wanted to refund me for just 2 tires and give me 10% off my next purchase. They missed the point. I bought 4 matching tires. I should get 4 matching tires. 2 of them never made it on to the jeep.

Hopefully my CC company will come through for me so I can get a full set of tires on the jeep before the next snow storm.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

I just received an email from the BBB saying they couldn't pursue my complaint because the business is either unreachable or appears to be out of business.

Unreal...
Old 12-25-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 35's from them. I have almost no weight on them and 20,000 miles later they still have about 70% tread left. Sorry you had a bad experience, however this post is just your side of the story. I will continue to buy from them for my next set. In my opinion, they are a great company and make great retread tires.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not knowing what you used to purchase your tires with, but I have to agree with the other posts about contacting the CC company the BBB. Over the past several years I have had issues that I could not resolve by normal equitable means; so I contacted my CC (AE) and informed them of my problem and what I have done to resolve it. The customer service dept at AE have been exceptional resolving my problems; which is why I continue to use them for most of my large transactions instead of using cash.
I wish you GOOD LUCK getting the problem resolved.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Got a set of 315's from them. Got them in 2011. Love them and best bang for the buck. I'm in the Army and took them to an base auto shop to balance. Max was 10 oz on a tire. Got them all balanced just fine. Got them static balanced as recommended. Best of luck with the CS.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had treadwrights for a while.. Very high quality almost no weight to balance.. On vacation this summer one tire got out of round, and eventually blew the tread off the casing. My family and I were stranded on the side of the road 500 miles from home. Had to get towed and buy a new set of tires cuz couldn't get a replacement in the size I had.. Plus spend the night due to the tire shop closing by the time I was able to get my truck there. 5000 damage to my truck. I realize wasn't completely the tires fault. Still left a bad tast in my mouth when it comes to retreads.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hendrixpeej
I had treadwrights for a while.. Very high quality almost no weight to balance.. On vacation this summer one tire got out of round, and eventually blew the tread off the casing. My family and I were stranded on the side of the road 500 miles from home. Had to get towed and buy a new set of tires cuz couldn't get a replacement in the size I had.. Plus spend the night due to the tire shop closing by the time I was able to get my truck there. 5000 damage to my truck. I realize wasn't completely the tires fault. Still left a bad tast in my mouth when it comes to retreads.
not sure how you get "very high quality" out of your description of the failed tire and subsequent events.........
Old 01-11-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Karl434
Here's an update as of this afternoon I finally got through to the warranty claim department today around mid afternoon. Talked to the same girl who still acts like she has no clue how to do her job. She told me that since one of my tires balanced ok, they could send me 4 new tires to replace the 4 bad ones. I informed her that I don't drive a unicycle, and I need more than one tire to drive it, and explained that I do NOT want the tires. So I asked to speak with a manager, to which she got pissy. So I told her I'd be willing to wait to talk to him, as long as she didn't hang up on me again and I got to talk to someone other than an answering machine. I spoke with the manager about getting refunded for the tires and the shipping. The girl told me I would not be refunded for the shipping, which if I have to pay for shipping back to them, will total up to about $300 in shipping. So I told her I wanted to speak to her manager, at which time she place me on hold. She got back on the phone and gave me the "well my manager says. . . . " so I bluntly said "ok so were you not listening when I told you that I wanted to speak with him, not you". She got super ****ty and transferred me to him. So I talked to him about the situation. He seemed irritated, as was I to say the least, and I told him that I wanted nothing from his company any more. He told me that he would call me back and give me information on how to send the tires back on their dime. Well, no big surprise here, I never got a call back. Tomorrow I'll be calling every 5 minutes until I get back in touch with the manager. I'm tired of this ****. I don't want the tires, and I just want to get a refund for the tires and the shipping costs. On a side note, before I got back in touch with the warranty department, I called the sales office which is not located in the same state as the warranty claims department. The people I spoke to there were very kind and apologetic. If only the warranty claim department was as squared away, I wouldn't be ready to blow a gasket. How they go about resolving this situation will decide how I go about spreading the word. If they continue to jerk me around, I will register on every Jeep and offroad forum there is and share my experience and show people that they should NOT support this business by buying their products.

You sound a bit like a dick. People with your attitude generally have the worst luck with customer service reps lol
Old 01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cormac827
You sound a bit like a dick. People with your attitude generally have the worst luck with customer service reps lol
I think he is rightfully pissed. I'm sure you would be just as mad

Quick Reply: Do NOT buy from Treadwright (Long Read)