Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

OR-FAB Sport Cage Installation

Old 11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecon
Any trouble getting the top of the dash off? I just installed the cage and can't seem to figure out how to get that piece off that is above the stereo. The crossbar sits too low to be able to remove it.
Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?
I've taken mine off quite a few times. You basically pop it up at the back like normal, then you have to kind of pry it forward (without pushing on the windshield) and it will come out. Getting it back on is a little tougher because you can't angle it like usual, but if you mess with it enough it will go.
Of course, there is some variance in all of them.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
So is this intended to be able to protect you very well if you flip? Its called sports bar someone told me that sports bars and roll bars are different.
So, I don't expect it to protect me from a nascar type rollover, or flipping down a mountain.
However, it will protect me more than what is there from the factory, and there is some anecdotal evidence that the sport cages can prevent intrusion if you look on the web.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

would this work with the trektop nx?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gator 813
would this work with the trektop nx?
Don't have one, so can't say for sure, but I would imagine it would work just fine, as the cage tubes that replace the original sportbars have the same mounting holes for the factory soft top.

Quick Reply: OR-FAB Sport Cage Installation