Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rear Window Storage 2

Old 06-05-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Window Storage 2

Tried my hand at making a tube that sat on the outside... the head generated on a warm day and the constant rubbing while driving messed up one of my windows... when I took them out one looked as if they had been ironed (so I have little perm creases in the window itself! The other thing I noticed a breakdown in the window itself... when zipped up the zipper is starting to separate from the window... back to the drawing board! :(

Last edited by Riprock; 06-29-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good

I have been poking around looking for short sections of large diameter ABS pipe, but havent had any luck with solid stuff, can only find perforated drain pipe.

do you have any sourcing ideas?

also, if i couldnt find any, i was considering just covering a tube in carpeting to match the Jeep. *shrugs* dunno how that would look though.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
looks good

I have been poking around looking for short sections of large diameter ABS pipe, but havent had any luck with solid stuff, can only find perforated drain pipe.

do you have any sourcing ideas?

also, if i couldnt find any, i was considering just covering a tube in carpeting to match the Jeep. *shrugs* dunno how that would look though.
Just got back from a plumbing supply house they told me to stick with PVC piping. They said ABS will warp in the sun. Just need to find a better way to paint the PVC. I dont think I roughed it up enough before I painted it with Krylon Fusion. It seem to be sticking, but it is very blotchy in spots.... Other than that I am happy with the outcome. BTW they mentioned checking with a Trailer Park drainage company for the ABS

Quick Reply: Rear Window Storage 2