Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Front Auto Locker Installation

Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCHRIS
yes they can be noisy, like a horse on a road, click, click click around turns a heavy gear oil helps with that but it's still there. I would not run that oil up where the op is, could get thick up there.
Yup just using the standard weight gear oil here. I don't hear the clicking most of the time, tires are noisier.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BIGCHRIS
I put an Aussie locker(lunch box) in two summers back and one of the worst winters, it is great crawls like a champ up anything, mud ruts it can be funny with it but the good out ways the bad, as for snow I see your location is Prince George I think you'll see what it's like for sure, my impression goes like this, if there is unplowed snow on the road it's great pulles like crazy, steers fine, if a plow hits it and the road is smooth but snow packed it will want to wonder down grade and steer through turns, shut 4hi off and your great,, well like a pick up would be great but manageable for sure. keep an eye on your u-joints they like them, keep a spare.
That's good to hear. I'm usually in 2wd around here if the roads are plowed anyway. I'm thinking I will be fine. I'll know soon enough!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also did mine, lockrite brand! First winter is coming and hope this thing isn't too bad in the snow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-868916109.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	583594

Quick Reply: Front Auto Locker Installation