Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Front Steel GRABARS

Old 07-19-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK Front Steel GRABARS

Just installed these. Been wanting a set for a while but so few distributors carry them it was difficult to find one that would ship them at a reasonably price. Finally got a set from Rockridge 4x4. Still can't figure out US international shipping. A friend just shipped over a bumper for $90. My LOD mid-width cost $995 in shipping alone. These Grabars cost $75 to ship. Go figure. Either way, these are good kit.

Brief write up with pics HERE.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by UKCRD
.... My LOD mid-width cost $995 in shipping alone.
Is that a typo?! WTF!

Anyway, those Grabars look badass. Those are up on my priority list.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olyelr
Is that a typo?! WTF!

Anyway, those Grabars look badass. Those are up on my priority list.
Oh, how I wish that was a typo. When I bought my LOD Mid-Width it cost the following:

Bumper - $995
Shipping - $995
Tax & fees - $570

Total - $2470

Everything we in the EU buy from the US ends up costing similar. I have to reckon on stuff costing me at least twice the ticket price and very heavy stuff can be even more, as above.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in the eu, wouldnt it be more cost effective to run a land rover defender? or mod defender gear to fit your jk? even with fab and alteration shop costs it should be cheaper......
Old 07-26-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
in the eu, wouldnt it be more cost effective to run a land rover defender? or mod defender gear to fit your jk? even with fab and alteration shop costs it should be cheaper......
Well, I lived outside the UK and EU for 20 years so I do love my Jeeps. I ran a Defender in Scandinavia but I much prefer the JK. It certainly would be cheaper to mod LR stuff but it's made to work aesthetically with a vehicle that is quite different to a Jeep so would sure look a bit odd. I'm done modding mine pretty much now anyways so job (expensively) done!

Quick Reply: JK Front Steel GRABARS