Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Fuel Door Installation

Old 04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrayzieLuke

Mine doesn't stay tight either. I'm going to probably use some sort of weatherproof caulk to try and get it to stay in place. Anyone else have any ideas?
Mine doesnt sit flush either. I was thinking double sided tape. I bought my metal fuel door for 39 bucks off ebay.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tribulation138
Mine doesnt sit flush either. I was thinking double sided tape. I bought my metal fuel door for 39 bucks off ebay.
You have any luck with it? All I've done thus far was put a little tape on the back side....doesn't spin anymore, but that's it.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed this "Mopar" gas door today, was a PIA to get the rubber seal back on the filler neck. Also, the clips were supposed to snapped snuggly against the inside of the sheet metal to hold the unit secure and flush against the body did not clip in all the way and i had to use some force to push it in further with a screw driver. As others have mentioned, the 4 screws to attach the outer doors were very weak and warp easily, like butter.

I don't know if this was a real Mopar door or a cheap chinese knockoff but build was not good quality like OEM, cheap thin plastic insert.

I got it here: Mopar® Fuel Filler Door w Jeep® Logo 07 14 Jeep Wrangler JKU 4 Door 82210609AB | eBay
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vpkb1998
Just installed this "Mopar" gas door today, was a PIA to get the rubber seal back on the filler neck. Also, the clips were supposed to snapped snuggly against the inside of the sheet metal to hold the unit secure and flush against the body did not clip in all the way and i had to use some force to push it in further with a screw driver. As others have mentioned, the 4 screws to attach the outer doors were very weak and warp easily, like butter.

I don't know if this was a real Mopar door or a cheap chinese knockoff but build was not good quality like OEM, cheap thin plastic insert.

I got it here: Mopar® Fuel Filler Door w Jeep® Logo 07 14 Jeep Wrangler JKU 4 Door 82210609AB | eBay
from what you describe, you got a knockoff, i got mine from Amazon.com: 2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Black Fuel Filler Door OEM: Automotive and the door is already attached to the replacement fuel houseing for you, and the rubber seal goes on easily, and the clips fit well. did you seat the seal on to the replacement shroud and then put the shroud on the filler neck?

the oem fuel door is powder coated metal, with a replacement houseing of the same oem plastic as the one you take out, but with the door already attached with 6 hex head screws.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/23r1mr4.jpg pic of mine, no wiggle and the outter ring/door are black coated steel.

Last edited by Mountain Man Tim; 07-30-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel Door Installation