Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Go Topless - Jeep JK Unlimited Soft Top Removal Write-Up

Old 09-23-2006, 03:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow Go Topless - Jeep JK Unlimited Soft Top Removal Write-Up

I had several people inquire about the 4-Door Unlimited Sunrider Soft Top and what all was required to lower it/remove it completely. Well, here is a complete write-up that I've done that should help you out...

>>Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Soft Top Removal Write-Up

Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boot?

Nice write up on taking down the top. Not wanting to turn in my man card I refuse to read instructions untill I hit a snag. The only odd thing about putting the bigger top down is the number of folds the roof makes. I took it down twice incorrectly, just letting the soft top fold the way it wanted to, with no ill effects. It wasnt untill I wanted to use the sunrider feature that I finally got he folding correct. I didn't get a roof cover with my jeep:confused: Is this an option?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the roof cover or "boot" that is shown in my write-up is just the temporary cover that comes on the soft top when you order a Dual Top and is meant to be discarded. I know this was the case with the TJ.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the roof cover or "boot" that is shown in my write-up is just the temporary cover that comes on the soft top when you order a Dual Top and is meant to be discarded. I know this was the case with the TJ.
Did you actually get the top back in that boot or was that a picture of one that hadn't been set up yet?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Did you actually get the top back in that boot or was that a picture of one that hadn't been set up yet?
Oh yeah. It was a serious PITA but I was able to do it

Quick Reply: Go Topless - Jeep JK Unlimited Soft Top Removal Write-Up