Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Gobi Roof Rack / Soft Top Flutter Fix

Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sooo grateful

Thanks so much for this solution - just put the soft top back on friday night (I've had the hardtop on since I installed the rack before Christmas) and was ready to go insane after a drive to the airport....

Pool noodles worked great. Now time to paint a couple...
Old 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea thanks a lot. I was directed here from the Gobi sponsor thread, and your fix is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for sharing your fix! Now I have to find that friggin gear noodle......
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used the pool noodles but after several up and down with the top the noodles have fallen apart.

Has anyone used a Skid Row Top Prop???is it possible to mount one of the props in the rear of the softop for a 4 door? What about mounting the props to the underside of the GOBI rack for downward pressure on the top?

Any thoughts suggestions?

Last edited by njbeachrat; 06-02-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Many thanks...

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
Nope, I can say for sure that my noodle will stay put. I know this as I haven't stopped playing with my noodle since I found it yesterday. My wife and I have been messing around with it on the highway, in town, in public, I showed it to my buddy and his wife last night and they think it looks good and sturdy.

But seriously, I checked everything over today and its still in place and working great. It has been raining and windy here for the last 24 hours and neither noodle have moved an inch and the flutter has not been heard. I seriously recommend this to anyone with a Gobi and a soft top!
Going to give this a try... I installed the Gobi Stealth a few weeks back and have given up on adjustments to the fairing, etc. Looks like I'll be playing with my noodle as soon as I can find it. ;-)

Quick Reply: Gobi Roof Rack / Soft Top Flutter Fix