Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Goodies from UPS!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodies from UPS!!!

Well today is a great day I finally got my 2.5 Rubicon express lift! And thanks to 4wheelparts they threw in Rubicon express quick discos. So is there any advice on install? Any info is appreciated. I also have a winch on the way So I have a new bumper to build! Thanks in advance!
Seems to me that RE really want you to use stickers on your jeep. I count 11
Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonestar
Well today is a great day I finally got my 2.5 Rubicon express lift! And thanks to 4wheelparts they threw in Rubicon express quick discos. So is there any advice on install? Any info is appreciated. I also have a winch on the way So I have a new bumper to build! Thanks in advance!
Seems to me that RE really want you to use stickers on your jeep. I count 11
Have fun with the install! A project like this is always a fun time.

From my experience I have a few pieces of advice to offer:

Don't do it when the temperature is 16F and you're in an unheated garage (doesn't apply to you in TX). I had to use a blowtorch on half the bolts just to get them off! It had to be done though, I couldn't wait any longer!

Do the rear first. When you don't have to mess with steering components, it is an easier job. You'll learn the best ways to deal with things such as the trackbar, sway bar end links, and how to jam those springs in there. This way, when you're heading to the front and you have to do it all over again, you'll know how to do shocks, springs, and a few other steps so all you need to worry about is how you're going to get your damn pitman arm to go on straight so your steering isn't effed up!

Make sure your steering is straight and adjust the drag link accordingly. It is easy to adjust but you need a buddy behind the wheel to make sure everything is straight.

Torque everything to spec! This may be obvious (I don't know how capable you are under a car or what your experiences are) but I forgot to do the end links in the front and they popped loose after a few weeks of regular daily driving.

Don't toss any old hardware and don't lose track of your new parts. You never know when a bolt, washer or whatever will be missing so make sure to either lay out your new parts neatly or keep them in the bag/box they came in.

That's all I have really. I'm not the most experienced but I did mine with a few buddies and its still rolling so I must have done something right!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks blizz, yeah it's about 70 degrees today. My brother in law and I will get tackle the project tonight. Thanks you!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Installed the lift kit this weekend Looks fantastic! The lift jacked it up 3.25in looks damn good. The hardest part was the front shock took so much time. The instructions were terrible but self explanatory. I personally would say that it rides better than stock. Next adventure making a new bumper for the winch.

Quick Reply: Goodies from UPS!!!