Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Tip up windows for JK Hard Top?

Old 10-06-2016, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tip up windows for JK Hard Top?

Does anyone have plans, or know of a kit that will convert 2 door JK hard top side windows into tip up windows? Or removable side panels?
I've seen plenty of kits for sliding windows, but need full access to the backseat from outside the rig.

As rainy season approaches Seattle I don't want to do much R&D that could sacrifice on waterproofing. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JosefAbrams
Does anyone have plans, or know of a kit that will convert 2 door JK hard top side windows into tip up windows? Or removable side panels?
I've seen plenty of kits for sliding windows, but need full access to the backseat from outside the rig.

As rainy season approaches Seattle I don't want to do much R&D that could sacrifice on waterproofing. Any help is appreciated.
Here's a how-to on converting a factory hardtop to removable side panels: Converting a factory JK/JKU hardtop to modular (actually, converting it to full modular, also shows tip-up windows and cargo hatches to replace windows)

Quick Reply: Tip up windows for JK Hard Top?