Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

How-to build a custom fiberglass upper windshield trim SPod

Old 03-24-2017, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OverKill
You did a great job. You have an 07 as I do too. I also have a 10, the latch for the 10 used the metal tie down on the windshield to anchor the freedom tops to the jeep. I would have to modify it to allow the latch to turn. Would that just mean bringing it down lower?
No you actually make it the same way. I've done a few of these. My Ex had a 2015 that has the latch bracket in the same place. You just wrap the fleece to the same shape as the panel, pull it nice and tight and glue it in place. I might have some pictures of that somewhere.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
Man, I don't think I've run across this thread before. That looks great! It was pretty cool seeing that process documented along the way, cuz I wouldn't have thought it would be that easy (relatively speaking) to produce something that looked that good.
It does takes practice... I've built a lot of these types of things over the years for a variety of vehicles. Anything from switch pods, tweeter pods, custom amp mounts, door panels and so on. The best advice I can give someone that is going to start to build things like this, is to practice, test your skills, learn how the cans spray, learn how the bondo works and so on. With practice you can build almost anything with fiberglass. Only limited by what your mind can come up with.

Quick Reply: How-to build a custom fiberglass upper windshield trim SPod