Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Innovative Jk Product REAR SEAT RECLINE KIT

Old 03-21-2015, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn

I have them. Worth every penny.
Placed my order.. they went on sale today so hopefully you're right.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by budmanm3
Placed my order.. they went on sale today so hopefully you're right.
I recommend having a big breaker bar or an impact for breaking the seat mount bolts loose. The bolts are installed very tight, are very long bolts. When you re-install them a standard 1/2" drive ratchet will do fine. I have Q-Tec all weather floor mats and they fit very well around the rectangular lift blocks.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed some of these the other day. Fantastic product. As others have said, the bolts are tight. Be ready to break a little sweat if you don't have an impact gun.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can anybody tell me the thickness of these spacers? Are the 4 for the front legs taller than the 3 for the rear mounts?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
Can anybody tell me the thickness of these spacers? Are the 4 for the front legs taller than the 3 for the rear mounts?
No. Yes. Why? Because the guy selling these put some time and effort, which I'll refer to as intellectual property, into coming up with them. I'm sure he isn't making a fortune selling them but handing out the dimensions so they can be copied isn't something I'll be party to and I hope no one else here does either. Want them, then buy them.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No. Yes. Why? Because the guy selling these put some time and effort, which I'll refer to as intellectual property, into coming up with them. I'm sure he isn't making a fortune selling them but handing out the dimensions so they can be copied isn't something I'll be party to and I hope no one else here does either. Want them, then buy them.
Yep...

This is a mod which is relatively easy to improvise - if one has the knowledge. First, it has to strong enough, or the whole seat will break lose in an accident. Second, one needs to know the optimal recline angle.
There's also more than one way to do it (I did it differently for my Jeep).
However, if this was around when I improvised mine, I'd have bought it rather than spend the time.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with the masses here. The angle is about as perfect as it can get. The product works exactly as noted. By the time you invest your labor and material in making these spacers you will easily spend what these cost.

Do yourself a favor and BUY THEM. I promise it is money well spent.

Paul
Old 03-28-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed them today. The angle is alot better now, and the wife likes it. So a win in my book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150328_210216.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	603724
Old 03-29-2015, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually the reason I'm asking is I wanted to know if the factory bolts were long enough and would have enough threads engaged to still be considered safe in the even of an accident. I have both my young kids in forward facing car seats in the rear seat and wouldn't want to risk it if the bolts aren't long enough.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
Actually the reason I'm asking is I wanted to know if the factory bolts were long enough and would have enough threads engaged to still be considered safe in the even of an accident. I have both my young kids in forward facing car seats in the rear seat and wouldn't want to risk it if the bolts aren't long enough.

Sure, of course, because not a word of that is in your original question. I found there to be sufficient threading to accommodate the spacers for my purposes.

Quick Reply: Innovative Jk Product REAR SEAT RECLINE KIT