Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Innovative Jk Product REAR SEAT RECLINE KIT

Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. Sometimes comfort trumps everything else
Old 11-08-2015, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right....not much fun by myself, but if they are having fun I'm having fun I'll either update this thread in a few weeks when the new fridge arrives, or I'll start a new thread...whichever is best.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imajeepnut
That's right....not much fun by myself, but if they are having fun I'm having fun I'll either update this thread in a few weeks when the new fridge arrives, or I'll start a new thread...whichever is best.
On here would be great. I have identical twin 9 month olds. So I know space comes at a price lol. I'd like to do cooler one day for them, so I'm curious to see how you fit it all
Old 11-10-2015, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the kit last week and was happy with the results, it is more comfortable.

Until today we had not loaded the car with 5 passengers and utilized the center rear bench seat belt. I found it now locked in it's new tilted position. the left and right belts work fine since the inertia reel location for them is not inside the bench but aft at the roll bar. This detail made me more convinced the new seat angle is causing an issue. Sure enough with the rear bench tilt unlatched and tilted forwards just a few degrees the center belt once again operates.

I hate to give a negative review on what otherwise is a great idea. Is anyone else having this problem?

Looks like mine is going to be removed and returned to Rebel.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidinca
I installed the kit last week and was happy with the results, it is more comfortable.

Until today we had not loaded the car with 5 passengers and utilized the center rear bench seat belt. I found it now locked in it's new tilted position. the left and right belts work fine since the inertia reel location for them is not inside the bench but aft at the roll bar. This detail made me more convinced the new seat angle is causing an issue. Sure enough with the rear bench tilt unlatched and tilted forwards just a few degrees the center belt once again operates.

I hate to give a negative review on what otherwise is a great idea. Is anyone else having this problem?

Looks like mine is going to be removed and returned to Rebel.
My son sits in the middle seat all of the time. We've never experienced any issues at all. Now I would recommend putting a support plate under the middle seat for comfort though. The seat belt always works just fine.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Does this work with the MPAC Springtale Rack?

Looking at the pictures I would assume the answer is no but I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone has any experience with this. I have both drivers side and the passenger side racks installed. There isn't much space between the seat and the racks.

Quick Reply: Innovative Jk Product REAR SEAT RECLINE KIT