Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Installed Harbor Freight Univ Winch Mount + 10k lb Winch (HF)

Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice work!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrider
Thanks Echo, I don't believe I would have tried to figure this out if it hadn't been for jim07X doing the write up. He did a really good job on the write up which made my doing this so much easier.
bbrider - Excellent job. Your bumper trimming skills clearly exceeed mine! With skills that good you should stubbie that thing! Thanks for the praise, your too kind.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

bbrider I am looking for pics of someone with a winch and mbrp brush/light bar. Cant wait to see what yours looks like.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jim07x
bbrider - Excellent job. Your bumper trimming skills clearly exceeed mine! With skills that good you should stubbie that thing! Thanks for the praise, your too kind.
As a retired construction worker and back yard crafter.........I measure two or three times then cut once........LOL, but having your pictures to go by helped more than anything I know how to do. As is with anything........the first time you do it is a learning curve. I am well pleased with the way it turned out. All my friends has said it looked like something factory. As far as doing the stubbie.........that's on the list, after the tires and wheels that is.

This is a great site with great people.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by theosdad
bbrider I am looking for pics of someone with a winch and mbrp brush/light bar. Cant wait to see what yours looks like.
Picked up the angle iron I needed today from a friend. I plan to start doing that mod tomorrow. I will get everything cut and drilled tomorrow, but it will take a day to get it all painted and reinstalled. I might have some pictures in the rough........pre paint up Tuesday. If not done by then it will be next week. My brother and I are taking off on our Harley's for a little 3 day run of riding and camping on Wednesday.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Well I am done with the bumper. I used textured paint to paint the angle iron I used to make the XHD bar mounts with. I have two 3/8" #8 grade bolts in each mount attaching it to the winch plate. I used 4 #5 grade bolts on each end to attach the XHD bar. Rugged Ridge Manufacturer Part Number: 11540.14

theosdad:

This is not the mbrp light bar, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use it as well. The only thing is the mbrp bar doesn't seem wide enough to mount with a winch, that is the reason I used the Rugged Ridge bar.

I hope this helps those of you that want to add the bar. It was fun making this work. Nothing hard about.....if you have the right tools.

Last edited by bbrider; 05-03-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

That looks awesome. I cant wait to get my wich and bar now. Thanks for the pics.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nicely finished bbrider!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jim07x
Nicely finished bbrider!

Thanks, it was fun to do.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice Job !!!! Looks clean.

Quick Reply: Installed Harbor Freight Univ Winch Mount + 10k lb Winch (HF)