Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Installing a Wraparound Windjammer on an Unlimited (4 door).

Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedJeep91
Got my Quadratch catalog (Spring 2013) the other day and could not help but notice they list a Windjammer for a 4dr JK on pg 37.
They have made one for a while, its just not the wrap-around style. It is like a wind-screen.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cg07sut

They have made one for a while, its just not the wrap-around style. It is like a wind-screen.
At first I thought it was just the windstopper (on page 35), but it lists the windjammer on page 37 for the 4-door. Dunno, maybe I'm just a little behind the power curve, but planning on ordering one soon for the couple of months of nice weather we have up here in the PNW.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks good thanks for the info im gunna look into this
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

So this thread is originally from 2008 and I am sure things have changed with the 4dr unlimited and the windjammer and soft/summer tops . . .

I am wondering what I would need to install this and I am wondering if the Mopar sun bonnet/summer softtop will work with my hard top ( no softtop option). and if the Mopar sun bonnet/summer soft top will be waterproof and differences in the mopar one for "hardtops" or the one for softtops and which route would be better

Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jbb609
So this thread is originally from 2008 and I am sure things have changed with the 4dr unlimited and the windjammer and soft/summer tops . . . I am wondering what I would need to install this and I am wondering if the Mopar sun bonnet/summer softtop will work with my hard top ( no softtop option). and if the Mopar sun bonnet/summer soft top will be waterproof and differences in the mopar one for "hardtops" or the one for softtops and which route would be better Thanks
1st Running this combo will me top never be waterproof. 2nd without door surrounds, from a soft top, there will be large gaps between the roll bar and the doors.

To make this as waterproof as possible you would need the older style door surrounds with channels.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by muddenjeep
1st Running this combo will me top never be waterproof. 2nd without door surrounds, from a soft top, there will be large gaps between the roll bar and the doors.

To make this as waterproof as possible you would need the older style door surrounds with channels.
is there any summer top that will work without door surrounds and be raintight ?

Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any summer top that will work without door surrounds and be raintight ? Thanks
None that I've seen. Although no summer top is raintight anyway. Just rain "resistant", if you will.

Hell, even the factory hard and soft tops are hardly "raintight".
Old 04-11-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

is there any summer top that will work without door surrounds and be raintight ? Thanks
Not really even the factory top is going to leak, but you may not notice it. If you like the look of bikini, windjammer, I recommend off road heros top, the tops are great quality but lead times can be long, and working with them can be problems, but the are top notch and great style.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by muddenjeep
Not really even the factory top is going to leak, but you may not notice it. If you like the look of bikini, windjammer, I recommend off road heros top, the tops are great quality but lead times can be long, and working with them can be problems, but the are top notch and great style.
The offroad heros top looks great but $900 dollars??? I am not looking to spend that much.

How much did you guys spend on this mopar sun bonnet, wrap around wind jammer, and tonneau cover ?
Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

The offroad heros top looks great but $900 dollars??? I am not looking to spend that much. How much did you guys spend on this mopar sun bonnet, wrap around wind jammer, and tonneau cover ?
Sun bonnet - $250
Windjammer - $150
Tonneau- $145
Tailgate bar and retainers - $110
Door surrounds- $175 - $250 used

This everything you'll need to run the combo that I can think of.

Quick Reply: Installing a Wraparound Windjammer on an Unlimited (4 door).