Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Instructions: How to Remove Carpet From a 2013 2 Door JK Sport

Old 06-07-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions: How to Remove Carpet From a 2013 2 Door JK Sport

It wasn't obvious to me at all how to remove the carpet from my 2 door 2013 JK Sport when it got flooded today. While there are lots of general posts here asking how to do it, the answers seem to be all short on detail. People say "rip it out" or and some say it has to be cut and some say it doesn't. I thought I could give a bit more detail since I just finished removing mine. No cutting is required, and the carpet can come off in 5 minutes. Putting it back in is probably a bit more annoying.

1. I started in the front drivers side. Despite some comments, it was obvious that it didn't really matter if you start in the front or the back. Take out the floor mat, and just grab on to the little floor mat hook (the one that keeps the mat in place) to lightly pull the carpet away from the door enough to get your hand under it there. Pull the door side of the carpet out from under the plastic from midway up towards the firewall. Near the firewall there'll be two plastic clips. Just lightly pull the carpet while turning the clip until the clip pops off. Continue pulling the carpet out from under the plastic of the center console area. Getting the carpet out from under the front seats is the hardest part because its wrapped snugly around the seat bolts. Just carefully pull from each side of each bolt and it will pull out from under the seat bolts. There'll be one more of those plastic clips under the drivers seat - against, just pull the carpet while turning the clip until the clip pops off. No cutting is required whatsoever. Also FYI the drain plugs will be obvious once you get the carpet out.

2. You can basically repeat these steps on the passenger side.

3. The next two pieces I removed was the back drivers footwell, and then the back passenger footwell. These pull out easy, no clips. Again you'll have to carefully tug on the carpet around the rear bolts of the front seats.

4. Once you get this far, you won't need any help with the rest. The fender pieces just pull right out from around the edge of the Jeep, and the rear piece is self explanatory.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for an informative, well detailed write up!! I've been toying with the idea of removing the carpeting of my 09 JK 2 door.. Since reading this I am more confident that it will be less of a chore than I originally thought.. I'm going to leave carpeting out permanently lineX the inside tub.. Once I get aroundvto it I'll do a write up detailing that.. Thanks again and happy Jeepin'!!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Strike that about the write up.. Just read Mark9998's!! Talk about an excellent job!!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

what about installing it? for some reason I had to took part of the front passenger side, now whenever the easy-entry seat is used, the corner is pulled (it seems the lower part of the seat frame lifts it)...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for th ewite up. Good to know.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the detailed write up. Been wanting to do this. Did you lay more or rhino line it?

Quick Reply: Instructions: How to Remove Carpet From a 2013 2 Door JK Sport