Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK - Inner Axle Seal

Old 06-13-2015, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the same basic procedure the same for a Dana 30?
Old 06-21-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Does anyone know the length of the axle shafts, guess the passenger side is the longest?

Would want to do this in my single car garage, but not sure it's wide enough to allow me to pull shafts out straight, that is without drywall modifications first LOL
Old 07-02-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

A helpful hint when working with the rubicon from locker: the locker sensor needs to come out after the carrier and go back in before you put the carrier back in. We held the sensor open with a piece of match stick with fishing line tied to it so that it would clear the locker plate. There's a YouTube vid on it that helped a lot. This is important because if you put the sensor in after the carrier it pushes the locker plate as you screw it in and locks the axle. Save yourself a few hours be doing it right the first time. The worst feeling is finishing and then realizing you have to start over. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1534888573.png
Views:	730
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	616724
Also remember to reattach the dog collar fastener to the same way you took it apart.
Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: JK - Inner Axle Seal