Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSLUND1
Might be a long shot with an old thread but where did you find the thumbscrew. I'm doing this mod to mine and I can't for the life of me find one of those thumbscrews

Here ya go!

Steel Thumb Screw, Black Oxide Finish, Knurled Head, Dog Point, 3" Length, Fully Threaded, 3/8"-16 UNC Threads, Made in US: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try and figure out a way to attach that nut to the plate.

I could see it stripping out

But none the less, very cool idea, and I am sure i will need it soon
Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

This might be a stupid question but what comes with the edit that you buy from evo offroad ?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rujicon8
This might be a stupid question but what comes with the edit that you buy from evo offroad ?
Same thing just cheaper to build
Old 04-21-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chili
Good questions! The harness is simply zip tied out of the way, and the flashing dash light is simple to fix, but it costs a bit. The only way to get rid of the dash light is with the AEV ProCal Module. Of course the ProCal cost about $150, but it also serves many purposes. AEV doesn't make a big deal of it in their ads, but enabling or disabling the swaybar system is possible with the ProCal. Here's a link to the user's guide; look at page 5:

http://www.aev-conversions.com/ishee...User_Guide.pdf

question.....

does the electronic swaybar going bad causes all the lights on dash to go crazy, jeep starting problems, jepp will stay in first gear when all the dash light go crazy,...

this is happenind to my jeep but took it to dealer and did not do anything even had the video of the dash lights going on etc, I told them to check the disco but I GUES THEY LAZY.

they reprogram and stay good just for a day,, then will remain good for a while and the problem will come back...
I am really hoping thiscrap is coming for the edisco and fix it myself even if its still under warrany.

could you advice me o r give me your opinion? thanks !!!

luis
Old 04-21-2015, 07:27 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luisjg
question.....

does the electronic swaybar going bad causes all the lights on dash to go crazy, jeep starting problems, jepp will stay in first gear when all the dash light go crazy,...

this is happenind to my jeep but took it to dealer and did not do anything even had the video of the dash lights going on etc, I told them to check the disco but I GUES THEY LAZY.

they reprogram and stay good just for a day,, then will remain good for a while and the problem will come back...
I am really hoping thiscrap is coming for the edisco and fix it myself even if its still under warrany.

could you advice me o r give me your opinion? thanks !!!

luis
Yes. Which is why many people decide to sell them once the harness/connector fails.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Yes. Which is why many people decide to sell them once the harness/connector fails.
hell this happened to me just 5 days ago. will look into doing the mod
Old 04-24-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Chili, nice write-up. I'll make one and throw it in the trail bag. never know when it's going to go bust. Keep up the good work
Old 07-05-2015, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, while you have the sway bar off, it's a good idea to check, clean and lube the yoke and other internals. Some folks have had corrosion and even water inside.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Funny, I just replaced my actuator with Evo's device. Wish I would have saw this first. Oh, well. Now I can disconnect my sway bar when it's not in 4low. Just cost me a $100 bucks to do so.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod