Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK uconnect?

Old 12-24-2006, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK uconnect?

Does anyone know how or if possible to set up the uconnect feature in the JK? I mean, the buttons are on the radio, and if it works through the radio, i assume it has everything it needs to work, but its not in my owners manual where the index says its supposed to be, and i can't figure it out for the life of me? Thanks

P.S. Merry Christmas!

OK, sorry everyone, i'm new to this whole forum thing and apparently have a lot of learning to do. First off, i found a thread already about the uconnect like a minute after i posted this, and i realized that posted this in the entirely wrong area, sorry about that. So anyone who reads this can just disregard it. I also apparently have to learn how to delete posts. lol

Last edited by yellowjeeper85; 12-24-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Welcomt for JK Forum Yellowjeeper85. There are a lot of friendly people here and a lot of questions and answers. We are all still learning.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the club man. You owe us a beer for the post though... Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:52 PM
JK Freak

LOL, yeah, I think a beer is in order. Again sorry bout that. By the way, for christmas i got a rear view camera with 2.5 inch lcd screen and will be installing that soon, so maybe i'll try to post up a write up for it and redeem myself for this one.

__________________________________________________ _______
Current Jeep: 07 4dr JK Rubicon, black, 6 spd
Previous Jeeps: 92 YJ Sahara... my first car
2000 TJ Sport, solar yellow, 7 inches lift, 300HP, Mopar performance, Edge performance, K&N, Exhaust, 33X12.50X15 TrXus M/Ts, Lots of one off parts... this this was a monster, but i love my new JK so I don't miss it too much.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LCD / camera

has anyone taken any of those 'backup camera's and made them into 'rock cam's?

I wonder if I can mount one front bumper and get a fun view, or mount it to stare at my passenger front wheel, so I can see all the little cars i run over
Old 12-26-2006, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
LOL, yeah, I think a beer is in order. Again sorry bout that. By the way, for christmas i got a rear view camera with 2.5 inch lcd screen and will be installing that soon, so maybe i'll try to post up a write up for it and redeem myself for this one.

__________________________________________________ _______
Current Jeep: 07 4dr JK Rubicon, black, 6 spd
Previous Jeeps: 92 YJ Sahara... my first car
2000 TJ Sport, solar yellow, 7 inches lift, 300HP, Mopar performance, Edge performance, K&N, Exhaust, 33X12.50X15 TrXus M/Ts, Lots of one off parts... this this was a monster, but i love my new JK so I don't miss it too much.
Id like to see that. and oohhh a rock cam would be nice too. Your tj sounds like it was one helluva ride. any pics of that bad boy?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

So heres the deal, My good digital camera was M.I.A. for the camera install, so i had to use a really crappy one, and i'll be posting a few pics up soon. As for the TJ, Yeah, that thing was a blast!!! I could smoke the 33s like it was nothing.... of course, thats how i grenaded the rear Dana 35, lol. And once i get some more time to figure out how to post pictures i'll post up some pics of that too. As for the Rock Cam, this camera set up i used would be perfect. Its made by VR3 and i think it goes for $100 or so. Its nice cuz its wireless, at least from the camera to the screen. The camera powers from the reverse lights so it comes on whenever you put it in reverse, and the screen i wired into ignition switched cigarette lighter leads so that it comes on with the car and goes out with the car. If you wanted to use it for a rock cam, you could just wire the camera to a switch, or to an ignition switched power source and it would just always be on when the jeep is on. It works really well, gets a little static here and there if it picks up interference, but nothing serious. Its only a 2.5" screen but the camera has a wide angle lense and you can actually see quite a bit with it. I'd be really interested to hear if you end up doing anything like this. good luck and i promise i'll try to post up some things soon.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
JK Freak

Sorry guys, but i just can't figure out this whole picture thing, i'm a lot better at wrenching on wranglers than i am at doing computer stuff. If anyone wants to post em up for me, feel free to email me at Msarris@bw.edu and i'll send you pic of my old yellow TJ... some flex pics, some camshaft install pics. etc etc. just write JK forum in the subject line. but if nobody is up to it, no worries. Maybe one day i'll be better at this whole computer thing... lol
Old 01-03-2007, 11:43 PM
JK Freak

Here it goes, i'm going to try and post some pics of my old TJ...

Specs: 2000 Jeep TJ Sport
Solar Yellow, 5 spd, 4.0 Liter, raised motor mounts, 4 inch rough country suspension, 3 inch body lift. No rear sway bar, no bump stops, front disconnect. Throttle body spacer, edge trail jammer kit, K&N intake, dynomax exhaust. Mopar performance purple cam, timing, and valve springs. 8000 pound winch, 33x12.50x15 TrXus M/Ts, and so much more i can't even remember it all. Basically i had it running at 300 HP and being that i had the dana 35 rear and a really heavy foot, it was common to find me rebuilding my rear end oh well, thats what i get.. heres some pics, enjoy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: JK uconnect?