Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

KC HiLiTES Street Legal Gravity LED Fog Lights

Old 03-15-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KC HiLiTES Street Legal Gravity LED Fog Lights

I received these lights a few weeks back and I've finally found time to share with everyone. The new KC HiLiTES LED fog lights are street legal are quite a bit brighter and whiter than stock. KC offers a JK factory mount that bolts right up with zero modifications, and they also offer a universal mount. I chose to do the factory mount due to the Poison Spyder bumper having factory mounting option. The lights also come with two different harnesses to work with your proper year of Jeep. One is plug and play and the other is splice two wires and solder together. I had to solder mine, but it took all of 2 minutes per light so it wasn't concern.

I have nothing negative to say about these lights and I am glad I did the upgrade. If I was going to complain about something, it would be that the fog lights sit back about 1.5" from front of bumper. Due to the lights being further back, I do lose some width and cut of lines.

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 03-15-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine in the other day. Love them!

Had to run in a big rain storm the other night and these things worked great.
Coupled with the KC LED headlights it was like daylight outside.

These fogs have a great cut off and throw out a nice wide flat beam. Like yours, mine sit back a bit in the bumper. But still a nice wide flat beam.

A while back someone was posting that KC told them the color was going to be a lot more yellow. This was wrong. They are the same bright white as the headlights.

They can be hard to get with long wait times. Worth the wait.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post photos when you can
Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I forgot to say is that you did a great job on your write up.
I kind of wish I had taken the time to do this. No reason to now as you did already did it.

But I am always down to take more photos. Weekend is coming and I need to get outside and play.

Quick Reply: KC HiLiTES Street Legal Gravity LED Fog Lights