Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Lift kit

Old 01-18-2016, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit

Are the rubicon express lift kits any good?
Old 02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Love my lift kit

I just installed the Rough Country 3.25" lift kit on my 2014 JK Sahara and I couldn't be happier.
It feels better than stock and it is just the right size so my wife can still get in safely even with her disability.
This kit combined with my 33" tires is a great aggressive height and completes the package.
I can't recommend it enough. It feels tight and quiet.
Check out the price, it is very inexpensive and you can do it yourself with a good jack and a couple of good sized jack stands. It took me about 3 hours to do the whole thing with the help of a couple of guys who wrench like me all the time but anyone can do it if you own a Jeep. Right? That's why we bought these things.
Jim.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmyinsocal
I just installed the Rough Country 3.25" lift kit on my 2014 JK Sahara and I couldn't be happier.
It feels better than stock and it is just the right size so my wife can still get in safely even with her disability.
This kit combined with my 33" tires is a great aggressive height and completes the package.
I can't recommend it enough. It feels tight and quiet.
Check out the price, it is very inexpensive and you can do it yourself with a good jack and a couple of good sized jack stands. It took me about 3 hours to do the whole thing with the help of a couple of guys who wrench like me all the time but anyone can do it if you own a Jeep. Right? That's why we bought these things.
Jim.
You might want to get the AEV Geometry correction brackets for that RC 3.25" lift.. I know it doesn't come with them. It will help a lot to keep axle stright.. The RC is cheap but it's also cheaper parts. The biggest issue i see the the spring start sagging in as little as 6 month or 1 year. That's why i don't buy RC.. I hope you have great luck with the lift tho.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bambisniper
Are the rubicon express lift kits any good?
Their not the top of line. But their very good lifts. You should be happy with RE..
Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scott777
You might want to get the AEV Geometry correction brackets for that RC 3.25" lift.. I know it doesn't come with them. It will help a lot to keep axle stright.. The RC is cheap but it's also cheaper parts. The biggest issue i see the the spring start sagging in as little as 6 month or 1 year. That's why i don't buy RC.. I hope you have great luck with the lift tho.
Thanks for the info on the brackets and I'll keep an eye on the springs.

Quick Reply: Lift kit