So, after much talking about how I was going to get my tub Line-X'd, the day finally came that I had my appointment to get it done. However, in efforts to save money, I had first taken apart almost everything I could and still drive it.
So, for this project, the tools needed include: 1/2" drive socket wrench, 18mm socket, 10mm socket, T30, T40, and T50 torx bits. An impact wrench and a plastic interior trim remover help, but aren't really needed. I wish I had them though.
So first, you have to take everything out, as mentioned.
Then you sand. First with a power sander, then by hand where it can't get in.
Then the taping. I learned that if you undo the right taillight, you can route that entire harness up the C pillar and down the B pillar. Without taking off the transmission plate itself, as well as the sound bar and the back roll bar, you can't get all the wiring out because there aren't quick connects. Also, the freaking satellite wire can't be completely removed either (that I could tell).
Into the bay
Completing the taping.
After getting it out, before finishing the interior trim. You can see some overspray into the gap, but I had a bag covering the lock mechanism, so no worries about damaging it.
Blowing out dust. The bolt holes are protected with golf tees wrapped with tape before spraying.
Here you can see how good it looks in the footwell
And here is the Line-X logo. You can see that we didn't spray the bottom of the C pillar because one of the T50s stripped the head at the factory, so we couldn't get the seat belt harness off. Rather than risk it, we just taped it off. I did trim the Darth Vader helmets some.
The tuffy cubby cover. It works great with Line-X on it, doesn't rattle anymore (especially with the rubber trim I put on).
Belt line trim. I really like the way this looks with the rest of the black on the outside of the Jeep.