Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Line X prep for JKU and more

Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer4336
That's the tintable kit, you get that one if you want to mix your own paint w/ it to create your own custom color.

Robot Check

This is the one I used^^*

Is that kit enough for the whole interior of a 4 door? I was hoping to save this project for spring but my top keeps randomly leaking and the damp carpet smell is driving me crazy, and trying to dry it out each time is just tedious.

I pulled out the carpet from the front but haven't looked at the cargo area too much yet, that's where I am assuming is probably the hardest to scrape off?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SarahLu
Is that kit enough for the whole interior of a 4 door? I was hoping to save this project for spring but my top keeps randomly leaking and the damp carpet smell is driving me crazy, and trying to dry it out each time is just tedious. I pulled out the carpet from the front but haven't looked at the cargo area too much yet, that's where I am assuming is probably the hardest to scrape off?
Yep I used one kit for my whole 4 door interior and I did the tail gate. I know what you mean i keep taking my jeep to the dealership because of the leaks but they say they fix it but never do.. I'm glad my jeep is lined on the inside lol

And it's all pretty much the same when it comes to scraping there's just more in the back.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you have to use some type of in-line filter for your air compressor? I am trying to gather supplies and start prepping the Jeep to spray it this weekend. Do I need some type of filter to prevent condensation from the air compressor getting into the paint? I have read a lot of write ups on this forum but didn't see that mentioned.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

If you can get one, I would. Wen I did mine I had a lot of moister dripping from the gun. Not sure if it caused any problems though.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the filter, stripped out the carpet and the crap off the floor. Ready to start sanding. And hopefully ups delivers the raptor liner today so I can spray tomorrow. How bad are the fumes from the raptor liner?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

I did mine out side but after I put my jeep back together I parked it in the garage. It smelled up my single car garage really bad.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was hoping to spray outside but it might be a little windy tomorrow. Don't wanna pass out in the garage. I'm sure I'll think of more questions as I get further along in the prep.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Success! I am very excited how good the finish looks, just waiting for it to dry more. However I have two stripped out torx bolts that hold the seatbelts in. Any suggestions for being able to get them out? They are loose and I cannot tighten or remove them bc they are so stripped out. One is the passenger front seat where it attaches between the doors. And the other is the driver side back seat where it attaches to the roll bar.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem as you and have read many other people with the same problem. For some reason that seatbelt one is stripping out. I luckily got it tightened down (slow process and a lot of force pushing down on the bolt) but if for some reason I ever have to remove it, it's not happening.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SarahLu
Success! I am very excited how good the finish looks, just waiting for it to dry more. However I have two stripped out torx bolts that hold the seatbelts in. Any suggestions for being able to get them out? They are loose and I cannot tighten or remove them bc they are so stripped out. One is the passenger front seat where it attaches between the doors. And the other is the driver side back seat where it attaches to the roll bar.
When i removed mine for the same reason-to spray- mine both stripped out. I had a local welder weld some old sockets to the bolt heads and got them removed that way and then went to fastenal and ordered regular grade 8 (6 point regular bolts) replacements. That way i could use the impact to reinstall and if i ever need them off again. Torx bolts suck.

Quick Reply: Line X prep for JKU and more