Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

LoD JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up LoD JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

More times than not, the best line you can take through a technical section of trail will require you to use your tires to climb up and over big obstacles. Of course, by doing this, your rocker panels quickly become the lowest point on your Jeep JK Wrangler and if left unprotected, you leave the door wide open for significant body damage. It is for this reason that I always recommend a good set of rocker guards or, "rock sliders" as a must have upgrade and only second to a set of tow points front and rear.

Designed to mount directly to the frame rails of your Jeep JK Wrangler, the LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders are without a doubt one of the best rocker guards available on the market today. I have personally run a set on my White JK for over a year and can tell you that in addition to them being incredibly strong and capable of taking punishing abuse, they are also very stylish and work great as a side step.

The step by step write-up below will show you just how easy the LoD Signature Series Rock Slider are to install.

LoD JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series
Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up
Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

of all the rocker guards that i have installed and/or ran personally, these are my favorite. they look great and have been able to withstand the abuse i've put them through on our white jk.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man wish this was around two weeks ago!
thank WOL for the Write up!
I love mine as well! very stout.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can they be used with a long arm RK suspension or would they have to be modified ?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to get a set as well...just waiting for my Sahara side-steps to get snapped or cracked on a trail ride then invest in a set of LoD!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks good
Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by little pepe
Can they be used with a long arm RK suspension or would they have to be modified ?
don't know for sure about RK. the only kits i do know it will work with for sure are the full traction long arm kit and the off road evolution kit.

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can get some dimensions from LOD and see if the brackets will miss.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

Hey Eddie, I love those also but haven't got them yet because they allow dirt to be thrown on the doors.

Upon further look at you photo, where did you get that black trim piece that is mounted to the pinch seam

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by DTJK
Hey Eddie, I love those also but haven't got them yet because they allow dirt to be thrown on the doors.

Upon further look at you photo, where did you get that black trim piece that is mounted to the pinch seam

Thanks.
they actually came from the last set of rocker guards i had which were made by arb.

Quick Reply: LoD JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up