Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Losing power 2012 JK

Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing power 2012 JK

Alright all you mechanically smart jeepers, I need some help. I'll try and describe this the best I can. When driving my 2012 JK it sometimes feels like it loses complete power for a split second. Almost like a drop of water passed through the plugs of something. It's not losing electrical power but like the engine cuts off for a split second. It's not throwing any codes. Alternator and battery test good. Also yesterday backing out of a parking spot, it died out on me, but started back up without any problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tams
Alright all you mechanically smart jeepers, I need some help. I'll try and describe this the best I can. When driving my 2012 JK it sometimes feels like it loses complete power for a split second. Almost like a drop of water passed through the plugs of something. It's not losing electrical power but like the engine cuts off for a split second. It's not throwing any codes. Alternator and battery test good. Also yesterday backing out of a parking spot, it died out on me, but started back up without any problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I am new to this and I am not sure how to post a question. Please help me out?

Quick Reply: Losing power 2012 JK