Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Marker light mod

Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i just got done re-wiring the side marker light and it worked!!! i don't know what i did wrong last time, but it worked this time!

thanks for the guidance, dsy!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
well, i just got done re-wiring the side marker light and it worked!!! i don't know what i did wrong last time, but it worked this time!

Glad you got it working
Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mcnaught6

I did it earlier today too and it works!!!! Thanks guys, I edited my initial thread to mention the change.

This is my favorite "free" mod to date....
Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

You just voided your warranty. LOL

(for your turn signals, marker lights, body control module, insturment cluster, and front control module) but what the hell, it's cool, right?! HEE HEE HEE
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JonGiovani

(for your turn signals, marker lights, body control module, insturment cluster, and front control module) but what the hell, it's cool, right?! HEE HEE HEE
sadly this very well may be true. The new service manager at my used-to-be-favorite-dealer-cuz-they-were-so-fair-about-covering-legit-warranty-issues pretty much told me the other day that he refuses to do absolutely any warranty work on my jeep due to the lift.... so for now i'll work with the other service heads and hope they can work around him at least until its out of warranty and i can do as i please. otherwise there are plenty of jeep dealers in the area to bring my business to.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JonGiovani

The rummor about voiding warrantys has been beaten to death. Yea if you drive your Jeep off road you will void your warranty, better not do that. Better not change out your tires, or touch your suspension parts or change your own oil.
My service manager did not even know they did not come that way from the factory. Most new cars are wired so the side markers blink.
You know Jeep had to save every penny it could on wire. I was glad mine came with an engine compartment light and footwell light before they cut those out of the program. I hear in 2009 to save even more $ they are doing away with brake lights!

Last edited by dsy; 11-19-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

The dealer could never figure out that I did...it's wrapped with self adhearing tape so well it looks factory unless you looked at 2 side by side witht he grilles off...
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seal20
The dealer could never figure out that I did...it's wrapped with self adhearing tape so well it looks factory unless you looked at 2 side by side witht he grilles off...
I showed my service manager what I did and he thought it was great. He was wondering why Jeep did not do it that way from the get go.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great mod. I'll have to do that with mine when I take delivery supposedly tomorrow...
Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 PM
mt3
JK Enthusiast

SWEET!!!! this mod rocks!

Last edited by mt3; 11-23-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Marker light mod