Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Message for ALL JK owners

Old 12-02-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Message for ALL JK owners

Message for ALL JK owners

This is a re-Post from my experience being rescued from Willow Trail in Arizona. I had never heard of a system to reinforce a sector shaft..wish I had!!

For everybody's information if you have a JK built after 2009 there is a strong chance that your steering box is NOT REBUILDABLE!! Even if you have a 07-09 the cost to fix a broken Sector Shaft is $200+ and you have to send them your box so your Jeep is DOWN.

If you break your sector shaft you are in for a entire new box if you are built after 2009!!!

NONE of the dealers stock a box, none of the parts stores even show one in their catalog (except for AutoZone but when you go to order it the message you get is "NOT AVAILABLE"

So the moral of the story is at a minimum do some research of Sector Shaft reinforcement systems that are out there (About $200 in parts) if you own a JK of any year.

Please learn from my mistake. I am having to buy a new steering box from PSC at a cost of over $700 bucks. Thank god for Letzroll for loaning me a box to use the next week while I wait for parts.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I use the Synergy one and was on my list of upgrades "before" going to 37s

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit
Old 12-07-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riptide9
I use the Synergy one and was on my list of upgrades "before" going to 37s SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit
Synergy doesn't seem to be too compatible with other manufactures parts. Seem to be real hit and miss. I really wanted to get the brace/tb mount but will likely end up going to an rsp brace.

http://www.rocksolidperformance.com/...g-shaft-brace/
Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would save your money & skip the sector shaft brace & spend that money on a Hydro assist. I broke a sector shaft bought the PSC Hydro assist setup & haven't had any problems for over 2 years. But if you want one EvO makes one that's compatible with any track bar.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Synergy doesn't seem to be too compatible with other manufactures parts. Seem to be real hit and miss. I really wanted to get the brace/tb mount but will likely end up going to an rsp brace. http://www.rocksolidperformance.com/...g-shaft-brace/
I know there's been some revisions as far as coil contact. I think you still need to run their TB though.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the RSP will fit a 2014 JKURX? This seems like a easy solution. also not bad price considering what it could cost in repairs without it!

Quick Reply: Message for ALL JK owners