Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Multimedia system shuts off/with fix

Old 08-20-2015, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multimedia system shuts off/with fix

FYI- Thought I would post this thinking it might help someone down the road. Installed a 6.2 Multi-Media(DVD,Sirus/XM,GPS,Reverse Cam and Bluetooth) inexpensive, about a year ago. Several months ago the unit started powering off while on the trail but would recover and work fine on the road. After last weekend it stopped completely. Thinking this was a bad connection I removed unit and checked the connections. All looked good and my meter said that I had constant power, plus ignition power to the plug. Out of warranty and not too much money in the first place, I order a replacement. While installing new unit I noticed that there was a large blade fuse below the inlet plug(in the same small housing), this fuse was missing from the old unit. If you have ever pulled one of these fuses it is not something that falls out. It seems China is using an inferior grade fuse that has a thinner blade, it fits but it is just not as tight. Replaced the fuse with my own and placed a small drop of rubber glue on it, this fixed the problem and I sent the new unit back to Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Project2.png
Views:	70
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	622063  

Quick Reply: Multimedia system shuts off/with fix