Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My cb radio mount

Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reepo
Attachment 583191

This is the only one I have right now. If there is something specific you want to see, let me know. I'll try to get more tonight.
Would almost say it's a black chrome 29 if not for the front mount mic

sent from the pit
Old 11-06-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of not putting the rear long bar in and just making the short ones connect to the soundbar. Definitely a project for one of these weekends. I wonder if the GEAR overhead fabric portion could be made to fit this. That would be exactly what I am looking for!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myrojk
Would almost say it's a black chrome 29 if not for the front mount mic

sent from the pit
It is the silver chrome 29.

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I'm thinking of not putting the rear long bar in and just making the short ones connect to the soundbar. Definitely a project for one of these weekends. I wonder if the GEAR overhead fabric portion could be made to fit this. That would be exactly what I am looking for!
I thought about just running the shorter bars to the soundbar, but I wasn't happy with the fit and wanted some added support/ assurance for any added weight with the CB and various other items that I attach. That's why I chose to do the longer brace near the sound bar. I had also considered looking into the G.E.A.R. fabric cover, but couldn't justify buying the entire setup just for the fabric (I never looked into whether or not I could just purchase the fabric cover). I'm trying to get my wife to make me a cover (she has a sewing/ embroidery home-based business), but she hasn't had the time with all the other orders she currently has. I am also trying to get her to embroider the ends of some gear bags for first aid, recovery gear and tools. The bags I have ready to go fit perfectly under the rear seats. Embroidering them will make it easier to grab the correct bag when I need it without playing the guessing game/ bag roulette.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reepo
Attachment 583191

This is the only one I have right now. If there is something specific you want to see, let me know. I'll try to get more tonight.
can you take some pics of how the bars are mounted to the roll bars and the sound bar area?

Thanks,
Old 11-06-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes. Give me a bit and I'll take more and upload them.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry it took so long to get these pics. I couldn't upload anything from the iphone app last night and I wasn't near a working computer. As I said earlier, I used 75# zip ties on the 4 hole straight brackets. The front ones are wrapped around the roll bar just behind the upper plastic portion of the A pillar plastics. The rear ones are wrapped under the plastics just behind the B pillar, above the front driver/ passenger seat belt height adjustment thing. Hopefully these picture will help. The first two photos are the rear section. The second two are of the front section. Both were taken on the driver's side, but it's identical on the passenger side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	back1.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	583275Click image for larger version

Name:	back2.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	583276Click image for larger version

Name:	front1.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	583277Click image for larger version

Name:	front2.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	583278
Old 11-10-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is fantastic. I'm going to do something similar in the rear as well. I can see lots of uses for this kind of setup.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SeverePatronage
This is fantastic. I'm going to do something similar in the rear as well. I can see lots of uses for this kind of setup.
I was just thinking the same thing this weekend. Might make it easier for the kids to hang up their stuff as well. Please keep us informed on your project. I'll post mine as well once I get it done.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm notorious for taking a very long time to get projects done. Finding shop time with a wife and two kids is just so darn difficult. I'll update as I get progress made. I managed to shave some cost off by locating some superstrut in my works scrap metal bin. I'm hoping to source bolts and brackets this way as well.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice. I understand the kids and wife thing. I have a 6 and 3 year old, plus a wife. I'll get on it and share my idea/ design. I have some leftover strut from the front section that will be put to good use.

Last edited by Reepo; 11-11-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Quick Reply: My cb radio mount