Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duma3421
I'm am truely impressed. I just got my JK this summer, but I think I may want some heated seats in the winter, upstate NY gets pretty cold. Since I want to get seat covers anyways, do you think you could just lay the heaters on the seat then put a seat cover over them?
If you were going to do this, they sell seat covers that are heated.

They just plug into the cigarette lighter.

http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-Tech-973.../dp/B000ANOUHQ

I used this in an old car I had- It worked - but there are better ones out there.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

DBB,

Looks great! I installed them 2 weeks ago. Had a heck of a time pulling the seats. The only difference is I put the switches on the blank space alongside the e-brake near the cup holders. Rode with the top down comfortably in 40 degree weather. Wife loves it too.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dare774
DBB,

Looks great! I installed them 2 weeks ago. Had a heck of a time pulling the seats. The only difference is I put the switches on the blank space alongside the e-brake near the cup holders. Rode with the top down comfortably in 40 degree weather. Wife loves it too.
I was going to install the switches in the center console too but I chickened out and wanted to make my job harder. After I drilled the holes I was like - huh should of stuck it under the center armrest.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice. I'll have to add to my to-do list too. Just perfect for running top less in the cold.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yo DBB,

Awsome mod. This will get pushed up my list of things to get done.

side question:

what is that slick tool you used in the pick where you are popping off the top of the center consule. Looks like it would work a hell of alot better than what i use. I try to be careful, but it seems like every time i pull the consul out i have another scratch from where i pried it off.

thanks bud!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Sounds like a great mod, definitely would do this if I wasn't planning on swapping out the factory seats in the near future.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job!

Question: The heaters you used are on, on more, or off? Was there an option to purchase these with a "dimmer" like switch so you could set 1-10 or something?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksroqclimber
Yo DBB,

Awsome mod. This will get pushed up my list of things to get done.

side question:

what is that slick tool you used in the pick where you are popping off the top of the center consule. Looks like it would work a hell of alot better than what i use. I try to be careful, but it seems like every time i pull the consul out i have another scratch from where i pried it off.

thanks bud!
Its a right angle pick tool- can get a set from Sears- if your not careful it will scratch the heck out of the plastic - There is another tool thats a awl type with a bend I'll take a pic when I get home that works better
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
Nice job!

Question: The heaters you used are on, on more, or off? Was there an option to purchase these with a "dimmer" like switch so you could set 1-10 or something?
On in the morning- off in afternoon

I only really use it when Im cold and after like 10 minutes I turn them off
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

DBB888,

Awesome install. I think Im gonna order this kit tonight My fiance is gonna flip with heated seats, thats the only option she wished our JK had.

Thanks for postin this

Quick Reply: My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!