Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

New Rugged Ridge Hood Lift Kit Wrire-up & Install Guide

Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I checked my hood today while I prepped the Jeep for Moab. These will not fit on a hood cut for an AEV snorkel and they will not clear an ARB Twin compressor and manifold as installed on the MORE under hood compressor mount.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
I checked my hood today while I prepped the Jeep for Moab. These will not fit on a hood cut for an AEV snorkel and they will not clear an ARB Twin compressor and manifold as installed on the MORE under hood compressor mount.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-04-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Good to know! Thanks for sharing
Since my 2013 Sport had a stock hood I had to cut it for the snorkel, which uses the same "vent" location as Rubicons. The hole used for the hood-side mount I had to cut away. I'm not sure how the Rubicon hoods (or other special hoods for that matter) are configured underneath but the same issue may be encountered as I found with my modified hood. For mine I think the placement of the ARB manifold is the biggest issue. There isn't much room under a JK hood to be adding things and with a snorkel and the compressor I am fast running out of room. I'll be able to fit a dual battery setup this winter but I think that'll be the end of my quest for under hood mounted goodies.

Quick Reply: New Rugged Ridge Hood Lift Kit Wrire-up & Install Guide