Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Notes on a TeraFlex 2.5” Spring Lift

Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowpro-jk
quick check. ok the black clips are good to go back on. Now it also wanted us to take off that bracket that held the parking brake lines" to the body. Its up high above the center of the axle. two bolts held it in. Did you reconnect this one aswell?
No, you want to leave the parking brake bracket off "forever". You need to have it disconnected because you'll need the extra slack in the parking brake lines when you are flexing.

I noticed that Az-Jk had issues with his front swaybars. They where badly tilted and angled.... i have no idea why that happend in his set up. Mine are mostly straight up and down, maybe a very slight tilt to the right with the axle of center by that 1/4-1/2 inch but not bad. If this happens i would almost stop take a breath get some coffee and come back and look at it because it shouldn't do that.
Yeah, as you can see in "front finished" picture mine are pretty straight too.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

You should come up to sedona with the Tucson Guys and myself! Its a good warm up for the Thanksgiving trip to Moab that you should also take your jeep on for a test run. Whats a better test than moab it self!
Thanks for the invite. I’ve been putting off Sedona until I got the lift installed, so now I can finally go! However, before I head up there I wanted to do some testing locally - just in case something is wrong (because it’s easier to fix down here).

When I’m confident all is OK I’ll be looking for a run up there!

Edit:
Oh, I thouhgt you were heading up tomorrow - not later this year. With any luck I will be able to make it!

Last edited by joe002; 08-16-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got back from flexing it a bit. I didn’t see any rubbing or over stretching of anything. The ride felt to be the same as stock - which is great! Looks like the lift is a keeper!

Just a couple of pics:

Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Update.

I noticed some very minor rubbing of the lower part of the rear sway bar link on the bracket:

So I got some lock washers (since that are fatter and not as wide as regular washers), bent them to make the flat, and put one on the bottom:

And one on the top (it's easier to grease to top now too):
Old 08-23-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

joe,

how does the angle of the drive shaft look with this lift... as posted before there seem to be little or no issues, but just curious. the lift creates a good stance for your jeep... good choice.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nc07jk
joe,

how does the angle of the drive shaft look with this lift... as posted before there seem to be little or no issues, but just curious. the lift creates a good stance for your jeep... good choice.
I’m keeping an eye on those drive shafts. So far (200 miles) the seals are still good, but it really seems like there’s not a lot of room. I’ll post some pics later (my SD card is full right now).

I really do like the lift - TeraFlex makes a great kit, and you can’t beat their support!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nc07jk
...how does the angle of the drive shaft look with this lift...
There's about 3/8" space from the shaft to the collar in the front and maybe 7/16" in the rear:
Old 08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joe002
...Oh, yeah the little black clips - I forgot to mention them. You are correct, the instructions say to disconnect them, but don’t say if they should be reconnected. I contacted TeraFlex and talked to Joe, and he checked what they did on their Jeep and they re-connected the black clips, so I did the same.
Update - I checked out the electrical wire when flexing, and it does get stretched a bit:

If it stretched a bit more maybe the plugs would have pulled out, but why chance it? I looked under the frame/body and noticed there is a fair amount of slack on the inside of the frame, so I pulled some through to the outside of the frame to give the outside more slack:
Old 08-23-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

good observations for those who are thinking about this lift... like myself
Old 08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Write-Up!!

Quick Reply: Notes on a TeraFlex 2.5” Spring Lift