Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Poison Spyder JK Body Armor

Old 01-17-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Write-Up! That's basically what I did for mine too!

(Just without the rivnut tool, and I ended up throwing some reflective red tape under the Spyder cutout)

Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Good Write-Up! That's basically what I did for mine too!

(Just without the rivnut tool, and I ended up throwing some reflective red tape under the Spyder cutout)
That looks badass
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]

Is this the final outcome? It looks as though you didn't install the bottom row bolts. If so how come? Does look good though I like the red spider and the bedlined pinch seem. How far up the pinch seem and rocker did you go or is it just pinch seem?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

I just finished mine about two weeks ago, I used two coats of textured paint, looks good but as the screws went in it scratced the paint and now each is rusting this is big time salt country here too, I am going to pull it all off in the spring sand it and use the bedliner, looks very nice. going with color behind the cut as well, looks really great guys.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice write up.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
That looks badass
Thanks!

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
Is this the final outcome? It looks as though you didn't install the bottom row bolts. If so how come? Does look good though I like the red spider and the bedlined pinch seem. How far up the pinch seem and rocker did you go or is it just pinch seem?
Yeah, that is the final outcome. Unfortunately, with my LoD sliders welded in place, I couldn't get a drill to the lower holes to get those nutserts & bolts in place. I may still be able to get the two outer ones on the ends, but I still need a longer drill bit to do those (since I'll need to go through the holes in the sliders that line up with the armor).

Other than that, they've been great. I didn't spray under the armor itself, just used the optional rubber liner and the red reflective tape, then covered the armor and spray bedlined any white spots showing when I was finished.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just made my friends drill the holes as I was not very confident in doing so. I love the red tape behind the spyder.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

I used the installer from Rivet Nut Tool Dot Com with my air ratchet when I installed my Brawler Rockers. Worth every penny. Drill the hole, hit the tool with the air ratchet and you're done. Just be sure to go easy with the ratchet. The tool will crush the rivnut if you get carried away. Just a quick burst to snug it up. As cheap as they are, Poison Spyder should include one with every set of body armor that they sell.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

That Looks Great... Thanks for taking the time to do it~!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Man that looks nice.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder JK Body Armor